Ketarin forum

Setup exit code 1 with several programs.

Tomorrow

As i understand setup completed successfully but what's with the exit code 1 and red icon setup failed in Ketarin?

Namely uTorrent and Foxit Reader love to throw this exit code after silent install trough Ketarin.

Has anyone else encoutered similar exit code with other apps?

Any way to get rid of this?

• 1 month later...
Not sure what to do here. Maybe these setups consider "1" as success instead of 0. Should we agree on a different exit code than 1 for Ketarin?

Nope just make exit code 1 icon Orange instead of red and remove setup failed note.

That removes the intended functionality though...

Or re-use the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark and text something like: unable to determine if setup completed

That way it won't show success and it won't error out either but rather informs and urges the user to check wheter the program installed successfully.So far all code 1 programs have installed for me atleast.

Also small other thing.Only happens in virtual machine if drive letter are not always correct:

00:00    AppName: Setup failed (Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS0006: Metadata file 'path to ketarin.exe' could not be found)

Edited by Tomorrow

Don't like this solution. I'd want to keep the "error" functionality.

Also small other thing.Only happens in virtual machine if drive letter are not always correct:

Did not experience this error yet, might be due to lack of access to the temp folder. http://www.google.com/search?q=\"Unable+to+generate+a+temporary+class\"

• 2 weeks later...