Ketarin forum

Import settings XML does not import commands

appyface

Using Ketarin 1.6.400 (beta 3?).

Used File -> Settings -> Export and created XML file.

Launched Ketarin and created a new, blank, jobs.db file in the directory with Ketarin executable.

Used File -> Settings -> Import and selected the XML file just created.

No commands were imported into settings. I've confirmed they are present in the XML "PreUpdateCommand" area.

Help?

Thanks and regards,

--appyface

I'm on the same operating system and as I said, I found an app that doesn't have that problem and it imports the commands fine.

A bug I did find is that if I use the actual 'export xml' command it gives me something I can't re-import due to CDATA! formatting being screwy.

However a simple copy n' paste works fine. Right click on the app, copy then just right click paste.

Also is this for ALL apps you have or just a specific one? Again a log/xml would be nice.

Edited by Omniferum

Here's the opening post again:

SUBJECT: Import settings XML does not import commands

Using Ketarin 1.6.400 (beta 3?).

Used File -> Settings -> Export and created XML file.

Launched Ketarin and created a new, blank, jobs.db file in the directory with Ketarin executable.

Used File -> Settings -> Import and selected the XML file just created.

No commands were imported into settings. I've confirmed they are present in the XML "PreUpdateCommand" area.

I'm very frustrated! Is no one able to follow the above steps? What is not clear about what I wrote?

Put some commands into the 'pre-update' area in settings in existing db, export the settings XML, then import that settings XML into a brand-new blank db.

Do the commands come in?????

Also i've noticed that app install lists are not backed up either by settings or database export.And also Snippets are not exported.So to sum it up:

Global Pre/Post Commands

Global Variables

Custom App Install Lists

Snippets

...Would be nice if these were exportable/importable ;)

• 8 months later...