Ketarin forum

Online database question

Stalker

After trying to upload some apps (like WinRar and Firefox) at the very beginning of Ketarin's lifespan so to speak I've found that there were both these apps in the online database already but for languages different from English. Basically I had to change the app entry name to something like WinRar (English) in order to upload it. Now I see we have multiple entries in the online db named WinRar all of which take are the same except the destination directory on user machine.

The questions are:

1) How is that possible ?

2) Would it be possible to implement some sort of locale specification enforcement so that we could have multiple WinRar entries in different languages (or different download sources) but not for the same language and download source ?

I think that it would allow easier navigation for the online db in the multilingual environment.

1) I just found a bug in Ketarin which would allow users to submit duplicate applications. I'll fix that for the next version and after that clean the database. I might actually even consider to disallow duplicates on the database or RPC level.

2) Might be worth a consideration ;)