Ketarin forum

Variable as indicator for changes inconsistent

Omniferum

I do have some apps that collect 'illegal' characters from pages, asian characters.

Example

ビリビãƒ

I have some pages that I didn't include in the .db in mediafire. They were mainly japanese pages so perhaps this is the problem? When Ketarin detects a change and stores those characters it locks the .db?

That's possible. It was only recently that URLs could contain high-bit/UTF-8 characters, and perhaps Ketarin isn't prepared for that. Alternatively, maybe it has something to do with how you're pushing the URLs out. Windows has issues with non-ascii characters in shell commands, so it's possible that simply passing the URL to the browser is causing the problem.

decided to remake my entire apps list and it works perfectly fine now for a few days where as before it would die halfway through the day. Just using the template I have.

.db has not really increased in size either.

So I assume there was a problem with some of the xml before, not sure what though as Ketarin happily imported it. I'll chalk this bug up to something odd I did with the old .db.