Ketarin forum

Little help with RegEx

Etz

As the filename downloaded contains the version number in it there is not much need to specify a version check variable. Ketarin can automatically determine if the file is newer, but if you really want the variable.

>Version.*?(\d\d\.[^"']+)</

Thing is for my 150 apps i've never had to define a single version variable, Ketarin really has done fine in determining new files all on its own. I'm actually rather curious as to how it achieves this, shall look through forums.

EDIT

Ketarin looks for a change in the files date/size/name. Which to be honest works fine for the vast majority of things, but do all download links publish this data? In an old thread floele said without a referer it always linked to a static which didn't publish that information. Would be nice if someone could explain this to me so I could determine in the future if I need to set the version variable or not

Edited by Omniferum

>Version.*?(\d\d\.[^"']+)</

Tried that, no go...unfortunately...

I can capture 10.11 part , but that CAP11 part, with regex...

Problem is that...they webpage content changes after every version (asp.net), so that "static match" dont work either... :(

Ketarin updates executable, but cannot change version number...

Edited by Etz

It works perfectly fine for me, captures 10.11 CAP4 from the URL you just gave me

Ketarin doesn't auto-refresh if you just copy and paste it into the regex bar. So you will have to put it in, click 'ok' then go back into variables to check.

Or just type an extra character into the regex bar then delete it to force Ketarin to refresh.

It works perfectly fine for me, captures 10.11 CAP4 from the URL you just gave me

Ketarin doesn't auto-refresh if you just copy and paste it into the regex bar. So you will have to put it in, click 'ok' then go back into variables to check.

Or just type an extra character into the regex bar then delete it to force Ketarin to refresh.

My Bad... refresh was the case..

Tahnk U ;)