Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.6 beta 6

floele

Just export an app to XML and you'll see all the properties in the XML ;)

Yeah i can see them but it's not as straightforward to make a custom column that actually works tho.I mean do i use {property:x} or do i use {file:x} or something else?

Atleast for the setup column commands i tried:

{property:SetupInstructions}

{property:SetupInstruction}

{property:WaitForExit}

{property:Parameters}

{property:Code}

...And nothing :(

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a crash.Problably .NET 2 related and possibly some .NET bug but reporting anyway:

keterr16b4.jpg

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
 <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" /> 
 <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID> 
 <Level>4</Level> 
 <Task>0</Task> 
 <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
 <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-01-22T14:52:25.000000000Z" /> 
 <EventRecordID>11440</EventRecordID> 
 <Channel>Application</Channel> 
 <Computer></Computer> 
 <Security /> 
 </System>
- <EventData>
 <Data /> 
 <Data>0</Data> 
 <Data>CLR20r3</Data> 
 <Data>Not available</Data> 
 <Data>0</Data> 
 <Data>ketarin.exe</Data> 
 <Data>1.6.0.400</Data> 
 <Data>4d33499c</Data> 
 <Data>Ketarin</Data> 
 <Data>1.6.0.400</Data> 
 <Data>4d33499c</Data> 
 <Data>ad4</Data> 
 <Data>196</Data> 
 <Data>System.NullReferenceException</Data> 
 <Data /> 
 <Data>C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\WER239E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9005.tmp.hdmp C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA60E.tmp.mdmp</Data> 
 <Data>C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_ketarin.exe_5efdcedfdbb97434472470c9eb5ea4cdbe5f86_cab_02d5a6f7</Data> 
 <Data /> 
 <Data>0</Data> 
 <Data>24de3ffc-2637-11e0-8040-0015f2c80684</Data> 
 <Data>5</Data> 
 </EventData>
 </Event>

Rather not a .NET bug actually, but with this I won't be able to reproduce or fix it. If you get this issue more often, I can send you a debug version of Ketarin which would reveal more details.

I have been unable to reproduce this anyway.Could be some random error.

I just noticed something else bad.I didn't initally notice it because i check log only if there's a visible error/problem so i was suprised to see that editing and clicking ok on pretty much any app results in the following error message in log:

24.01.2011 9:29:32: Could not submit 'App Name' to the online database: Unhandled XML_RPC2_Exception exception:Invalid author GUID.#0 [internal function]: KetarinRpc::SaveApplication('<?xml version="...', '{bc91716f-055c-...')
#1 /usr/share/php5/PEAR/XML/RPC2/Server/CallHandler/Class.php(143): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 [internal function]: XML_RPC2_Server_Callhandler_Class->__call('ketarin.SaveApp...', Array)
#3 [internal function]: XML_RPC2_Server_Callhandler_Class->ketarin.SaveApplication('<?xml version="...', '{bc91716f-055c-...')
#4 /usr/share/php5/PEAR/XML/RPC2/Backend/Php/Server.php(132): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /usr/share/php5/PEAR/XML/RPC2/Backend/Php/Server.php(94): XML_RPC2_Backend_Php_Server->getResponse()
#6 /srv/www/vhosts/canneverbe.com/subdomains/ketarin/htdocs/rpc.php(364): XML_RPC2_Backend_Php_Server->handleCall()
#7 {main}

What does the log say happened? Perhaps Ketarin is being refused by the server, the selection patterns you're using are broken, or the download isn't there?

Log says nothing unfortunately.It seems to start the update.Then it runs the global post download commands and says it's finished with the update.The downloads are defenetly there(Chromium and Firefox Nightly) and are newer than local copy.Anyway this is the log output:

31.01.2011 7:12:57: Update started with 2 application(s)
31.01.2011 7:12:57: Executing command: ketarin /export="Ketarin Database.xml"
31.01.2011 7:12:57: Executing command: sc config trustedinstaller start= demand
31.01.2011 7:12:57: Executing command: sc stop trustedinstaller
31.01.2011 7:12:57: Executing command: sc config msiserver start= demand
31.01.2011 7:12:57: Executing command: sc stop msiserver
31.01.2011 7:12:57: Executing command: reg import "D:\Resources\CMD\Delete StartUp Items.reg"
31.01.2011 7:13:01: Command result: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
D:\Resources\Apps x86\Portable x86\Ketarin>ketarin /export="Ketarin Database.xml"
D:\Resources\Apps x86\Portable x86\Ketarin>sc config trustedinstaller start= demand
[sC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS
D:\Resources\Apps x86\Portable x86\Ketarin>sc stop trustedinstaller
[sC] ControlService FAILED 1062:
The service has not been started.
D:\Resources\Apps x86\Portable x86\Ketarin>sc config msiserver start= demand
[sC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS
D:\Resources\Apps x86\Portable x86\Ketarin>sc stop msiserver
[sC] ControlService FAILED 1062:
The service has not been started.
D:\Resources\Apps x86\Portable x86\Ketarin>reg import "D:\Resources\CMD\Delete StartUp Items.reg"
The operation completed successfully.
D:\Resources\Apps x86\Portable x86\Ketarin>

31.01.2011 7:13:01: Update finished

• 1 month later...

Well things haven't changed much arround here.

I'm surprised the latest beta hasn't qualified to the stable channel since release 1.6.0.4 is, in my oppinion, the best and most useful Ketarin I have ever tried.

Two features i'm still missing, installation sort order and Ketarin auto-update/upgrade for the stable and beta channels. Maybe in the next development cycle we can have that. ;)

As I can see the option "Automatically create database backups" doesn't work anymore. Version 1.5.0.400 works fine. This beta not :(

Works for me:

dbb.jpg

The export / import of global variables also does not work.

It has not been implemented yet.I did file a feature request for this some time ago.The general settings export/import works as expected tho.

Works for me:

dbb.jpg

Well, I copied all the 1.6b4 version files again and replaced the old ones in the folder and now everything works. Weird thing...

It has not been implemented yet.I did file a feature request for this some time ago.The general settings export/import works as expected tho.

*hope* :)

• 4 weeks later...

1.6b5 bug: Pasting a variable reference to the current variable into the "use regular expression" box will crash Ketarin.

Recreate: Create a variable named "test". Switch it to "content from URL regex" type. In the URL box enter "http//example.com/" (or any other URL). Paste this into the "use regex" box: "{test}". Watch as Ketarin crashes.

1.6b5 bug: Pasting a variable reference to the current variable into the "use regular expression" box will crash Ketarin.

Recreate: Create a variable named "test". Switch it to "content from URL regex" type. In the URL box enter "http//example.com/" (or any other URL). Paste this into the "use regex" box: "{test}". Watch as Ketarin crashes.

Yep i was able to reproduce:

ketarin16b5crash.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yep i noticed i had bunch of Antiviruses on my app list after upgrading to Beta 6 :P

Apparently any new app that was created with Beta 5 was given category Antivirus regardless of the setting.

Changed these to correct values and the regex thing is fixed too.Thx for the update :)