Ketarin forum

Do we need a wiki?

floele

I see you already added table, thank you. I have never edit this sort of Wiki before, but i was looking at formats and it does not seem so dificult. Just one thing, i would like to suggest a link to Lupo PenSuite Uniextractor unofficial build, because Uniextractor updates so little and sometimes it's quite troublesome.

http://www.lupopensuite.com/db/universalextractor.htm

I have started to make the Troubleshooting downloads page and i would like you to submit download errors that you have got when using Ketarin.Also if possible what was the cause and how you fixed it!

The following errors are already included since these are the most common:

AppName The operation has timed out (Download Address)

AppName The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (Download Address)

AppName The downloaded file is not a binary file type (text/html; charset=UTF-8). Possibly there is an error page. Status code: 200 (OK) (Download Address)

Edited by Tomorrow

Hm...did not see such a page yet, so I've started now: http://wiki.ketarin.org/index.php/Troubleshooting_downloads

I'd appreciate if you could flesh it out a little :)

Yeah i have been slow.Each day i think...ok today i make it and then it´s like...blah :D

I had already compiled a start so i will now add this to yours.

What i think is important in there is to define both the possible reasons and possible solutions to error messages.

Not just error - do this - ok

Because understanding the reason behind the error allows to avoid this error in the future or atleast reduce the frequency of encountering it.Also several errors have more than one possible reason and solution.

EDIT:

Ok i have now introduced the changes i mentioned.Also added the 403 and 404 errors to the list.

We still need more error examples tho so people if you have got some errors in the past that are NOT on the list then let us know what was the reason and how you resolved it.It would be much appreciated and would greatly help new Ketarin users in the future!.

Edited by Tomorrow