Ketarin forum

Do we need a wiki?

floele

I think a wiki would be great. Having a page with the latest template code would be helpful. It gets lost in the forum threads. Also, there are new features introduced with each release and being able to have a running page with sample code and usage would also be helpful.

Very nice indeed.If i notice something missing i will add.

EDIT:

Already fixed a spelling error on main page :)

EDIT2:

Added preliminary text to:Functions,Command Line Arguments,Templates,Portability and Created a new Category "Commands"

How can i add nice formatting?

Currently it´s just text.Can i add Bold,Underline,Links,Images somehow too?

EDIT3:

Aah now i get it :D.Pretty cool.Created Special variables page now

Edited by Tomorrow

Look pretty good already.We need some examples for Batch and C# scripts in http://wiki.ketarin.org/index.php/Commands#Batch_scripts

Also need to create the trobleshooting downloads page but i honestly have no idea how begin this :S

Once created it could be immensly useful for helping new ketarin users.

Btw :D: http://wiki.ketarin.org/index.php/User:Tomorrow

Just an advice, remove email due to SPAM ...

The first address is pretty much dead to me as i lost the credientials and google refused to give me new ones.Tho from what i understand it is still functional as MSN works with it.

Second one is not a problem either as gmail has the best spamfilter in the world.I rarely get 1 spam a week and even that lands in spam folder.Pretty amazing as most people are drowning into spam and when i tell them i get 1 spam a week they are like :o??

Also, the Wiki is quite complete now. Can some experienced Ketarin users possibly fill the troubleshooting section? What do you usually do if downloading fails? You can talk about referers and the other options in "Advanced settings", like CIV and user agents. Maybe add some tricks how you extract URLs and whatnot using regular expressions and so on. If you like, you can leave the formatting to me (I'll check it anyway), but I'd really appreciate some helpful content :)

Tips can still go to the forum, but I'd wish that some of you post useful commands from their database into the wiki, maybe for file extraction with 7z or the like. I don't have a lot of commands myself, so I need your help.

Roger that.Got several different ones:extracting certain file/name types from subfolders in archive,extracting all but certain filetypes,extracting and copying extracted files to several folders in system without overwrite prompt,auto installing extracted drivers with DPInst.exe and so on.My post download commands file is about 230 lines at the moment so there won't be any shortage of examples.

I´m sure other have even way more complex commands.Tho im not sure how many people have any useful C# scripts examples to submit?.

Also small question: The "Setup instructions" page - i assume this is for app installs(silent etc) and not how to set Ketarin up in a clean system?

Because i have done lot of digging and i could make a whole table of apps an their installer types/switches and examples on how to use them ;) .I was planning on posting this as a thread in Tips and Tricks forum but i think it would look nicer in Wiki.

Got several different ones

Yep, let them come :)

Because i have done lot of digging and i could make a whole table of apps an their installer types/switches and examples on how to use them wink .I was planning on posting this as a thread in Tips and Tricks forum but i think it would look nicer in Wiki.

That would be superb :) Yes, please!

I will get it done within a day or so.Should be up tomorrow.

Ok preliminary version is up: http://wiki.ketarin.org/index.php/Setup_instructions

Let me know what you think?

EDIT:

Ok i updated the first version because i totally forgot to explain how to launch the install after all the hard work :D

It should be pretty solid now although defenetly needs spellcheck and more applications into the list along with their installer types ;)

Edited by Tomorrow

Sorry for inconvinience but i wasn't sure if this was the proper place to post ;)

Extract archive with full paths

7z x "{file}" -o"{root}USB-Toolkit\{category}\{appname}\" -y

Extract selected files from archive

7z x "{file}" -o"{root}USB-Toolkit\{category}\{appname}" *.exe *.dll -r -y

Extract archive to selected directory

7z e "{file}" -o"{root}USB-Toolkit\{category}\{appname}\" -y

Extract archive or selected files to temp

7z x "{file}" -o%temp% *.exe -r

Extract archive using Uniextract

{root}USB-Toolkit\Backup\Uniextract\UniExtract.exe "{file}" "{root}USB-Toolkit\{category}\{appname}"

Extract archive to temp using Uniextract

start "" /wait {root}USB-Toolkit\Backup\Uniextract\UniExtract.exe "{file}" %temp%

Copy files or folders

copy /y %temp%\*.exe "{root}USB-Toolkit\{category}\{appname}"

Copy files or folders (Robocopy)

robocopy %temp% "{root}USB-Toolkit\{category}\{appname}" *.exe /e /b /np

Rename file (with wildcard support)

ren "{root}USB-Toolkit\{category}\{appname}\{filename}" ABC.msi

Delete files

del "{root}USB-Toolkit\{category}\{appname}\" /s /q

Delete folders

rd "{root}USB-Toolkit\{category}\{appname}\" /s /q

Start a command and wait for it to finish

start "" /wait