Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.5 beta 10

floele

Also for future maybe add an fixed URL for betas so we can download them with ketarin?

Meaning i launch Ketarin and look...whoa Florian released a new beta.Nice.Downloading now.Becuse i can`t really predict download links in forum posts.I mean i can make a new entry "Ketarin Beta" and add http://ketarin.org/downloads/Ketarin/Ketarin-{version}.zip as url but then where would i get the latest beta number other than forum post?

Hence why i wish a fixed URL for future betas/test versions.Hope it´s not too much trouble.

Small idea.Maybe add "Latest Version" entry or something similar to wiki along with download link?.Then i can extract it from there ;)

Nevermind.I used my brain for a change and figured it out.I Put this:

http://ketarin.org/downloads/Ketarin/Ketarin-{version}.zip

as download url and extract version number from:

http://ketarin.org/downloads/Ketarin/?C=M;O=D

Works like a charm now :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you make the online database also hold extra data like "How is this program installed? Via unzipping or universal extractor" and it could then propagate their install instructions from whatever was defined in the wizard.

Yep. This, along with other meta-data, such as a "dependencies" field which would include such things as global variable assignments, sourceforge account, 7z or ahk. each of these should be listed as a dependency of the app profile. Dependencies could be detected automatically from the XML.

Also, I think you really need to settle on naming conventions. I get all hot and bothered every time I try to describe a single app profile. What's the correct terminology? The profile itself isn't actually the "app" so calling it an "app" really bothers me. And what do you call the XML exports for one or many profiles?

I would still love if global variables would allow stuff like {category} if that would ever be possible

Me, too! It would seriously minimize the amount of crap I have to prefix within many profile fields. Maybe global vars (or even, maybe, ALL variables) should be recursively processed in order to process all variables, even those that are built dynamically during the variable assignment process.

Is it possible to add a 'retry' button to the failed updates?

For my apps i've found that there is usually a few random errors that just require me to select the failed apps and redownload.

Would be helpful for people with dodgy net connections to just retry the list of failed apps given.

Also, if it isn't implemented, could you please implement something along the lines of {property:SetupInstructions} so I can just put that variable in my execute after download instead of having to edit two separate boxes?

Edited by Omniferum

Just a retry button on the Errors window is what I meant. Along with the 'Copy to clipboard' and 'Close'.

With a dodgy connection sometimes you have to come back a few minutes later so putting in retries doesn't always function. Again, living in the middle o' nowhere doesn't lead you to Grade 'A' internet sadly enough.

Just a retry button on the Errors window is what I meant. Along with the 'Copy to clipboard' and 'Close'.

With a dodgy connection sometimes you have to come back a few minutes later so putting in retries doesn't always function. Again, living in the middle o' nowhere doesn't lead you to Grade 'A' internet sadly enough.

Yeah especially Filehippo.Even with conservative setting sometimes half of Filehippo apps time out on me.

It´s not my fault tho.It´s Filehippo´s.

Talking of missing buttons, i miss an Apply button in Edit window ...

Why?.All changes are retained even if you switch between tabs.Just leave something for last to close with ok.

No that doesn't always work for me

Meaning changes are not saved after you switch to another tab?

I mean in the end you have to click ok one way or another in order to test/run the update.

And if you swear when you have just clicked ok and forgot something and have to reopen it then well...happens to everyone :D

Well, I know what the apply button is used for. Not horribly uncommon, but I can't make any sense of it here.

In the Windows display settings for example, you can use "Apply" to verify the changes to the screens, without closing the dialog. In Ketarin, "applying" an application would not have any side effects which might make you want to undo some of the changes you made, so you can just as well close the dialog with OK. I just don't want to add an "Apply" because I can, I want to do it because I should (which is an issue that same developers don't get right btw).

Dunno how else to justify except to confirm changes without exiting window.

In which situation would you do that?

It's not necessarily a situation, but a user behavior. Many people *expect* to see it, so they get nervous when it isn't there.

Personally, I could care less if an "apply" button exists, but it would be nice if there were a "dirty" indicator in the title bar (just an asterisk or something to indicate the changes haven't yet been saved).

I just don't want to add an "Apply" because I can, I want to do it because I should

That is always subjective. I asked button for a reason, and that reason is i lost changes. But like i said, that's not terribly important to me, so i suggested you to skip it. Moving on, some people is getting nervous.

Will there ever be a function/variable available to place the setup instructions into the 'execute after download' window? like {setupinstructions} or whatever. Would simplify things.

If you use a C# script "app.Install(null);" it should work. For now without GUI option.

Hope you don't consider this offensive, but why did you decide to include "Apply" in options window in CDBurnerXP? IMO is less needed in CDBurnerXP since none has to do script edits (commands, setup instructions), add or remove deployment notes, etc. in that window.

Will there ever be a function/variable available to place the setup instructions into the 'execute after download' window? like {setupinstructions} or whatever. Would simplify things.

If you use a C# script "app.Install(null);" it should work. For now without GUI option.

Sadly this just gives me a

Script can not be executed.

Script cannot be compliled: ; expected

ooooh, found a... thingy ma bobba

I haven't needed to run ketarin since b9, updated to b10 and sorta did nothing for a few days. I've since then found that for global variables if I encapsulate {root} in any sort of quotation marks "{root}" it will cause the subsequent program to fail.

For example

start /wait {root}"Programs\File Management\7-ZipPortable\App\7-Zip\7z.exe" will work fine

Either of the following will make itself go poopy poo

start /wait "{root}Programs\File Management\7-ZipPortable\App\7-Zip\7z.exe"

"start /wait {root}Programs\File Management\7-ZipPortable\App\7-Zip\7z.exe" <- this is how I configured all my apps from the beginning

Checking the log the variable is parsed perfectly fine, I see no errors in the path it gives. It just decides to crap itself is all, no idea why