Ketarin forum

website error

shawn

when attempting to post a reply a moment ago I received a MySQL error.

An error was encountered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unable to connect to MySQL and select database. MySQL reported: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

The error occurred on line 44 in [path removed]/mysqli.php

This is common when mysql exceeds the number of allowed connections, the hdd is failing, during updates, or when the amount of memory (or other resources) allocated to MySQL is insufficient.

I don't know what level of control you have over this, but if you are interested in free hosting (on resource-safe servers), I will provide.

We did some stuff on the server just now, so there might have been a short outage.

I guess my hosting is pretty good though, I believe that you can't compete with a 100TB download server + 12GB RAM/1,5TB HDD RAID 1/ Intel® Core i7-920 / redundant power supply 10TB 1GBit/s traffic server, eh?