Ketarin forum

missing files when extracting from svn

andreone

Since all your recent work, I can't build Ketarin anymore because two files are missing:

Error    1    Unable to create a manifest resource name for "M:\CsLib\CDBurnerXP\Controls\AdvancedListBox.resx". Could not find a part of the path 'M:\CsLib\CDBurnerXP\Controls\AdvancedListBox.cs'.    Ketarin
Error    2    Unable to create a manifest resource name for "M:\CsLib\CDBurnerXP\Controls\ListBoxPanel.resx". Could not find a part of the path 'M:\CsLib\CDBurnerXP\Controls\ListBoxPanel.cs'.    Ketarin

Note: I bet you already know that, but I will say it even so: this is not a best practice to have absolute paths in your projects. Sooner or later, this will cause you trouble (like this ;)). This also prevent any form of continous integration process, even if you don't use it right now. The gold rule is that a project "should" be as independent as possible from the machine / system it is built or developed on.

If the missing files are part of your own foundation classes and you don't want to put an external to CDBurner sources, why not created a simple assembly and share it between Ketarin and CDBurner. Then a simple external in Ketarin would be enough to extract all the source files that the project needs to built.

Thus nobody won't ever complain about missing files :)

I know about the issues, and I am in fact running a CIS.
I assumed that because I saw no unit-tests in the project, you weren't using a CIS (because for me CIS with unit-tests are the primary reason to use a CIS).

Out of curiosity, which one do you use? I'm using TeamCity (JetBrains) for my job and I'm very pleased of it. It supports out of the box a lot of build runners and tools. No xml files to configure it, all is done through a well polished web interface. A lot of features. And a free version for anyone that allows to have up to 20 build configurations. Very nice CIS (as opposed as IBM BuildForge) and better than CruiseControl IMHO.

Sources should now be more complete.
I still don't have the following files:

M:\CsLib\CDBurnerXP\Controls\AdvancedListBox.cs

M:\CsLib\CDBurnerXP\Controls\AutoSizeLayout.cs

M:\CsLib\CDBurnerXP\Controls\ListBoxPanel.cs

m:\CsLib\CDBurnerXP\IO\Debug.cs

M:\CsLib\CDBurnerXP\Controls\PanelCollection.cs

Ok, I found the zip.

I still miss these two files that are not part of the archive:

"CDBurnerXP\ListBoxPanel.resx"

"CDBurnerXP\ListBoxPanel.designer.cs"

"CDBurnerXP\AdvancedListBox.resx"