Ketarin forum

Sourceforge playing again?

Omniferum

Can anyone else confirm that sourceforge is acting up for Ketarin?

All my apps were fine yesterday, today I get all 200 (OK) error codes. I assume they've changed referrer?

Downloading from browser is fine, tried different versions of Ketarin.

Happy to find if it is a problem on my end, feedback would help

I also have a couple of jobs broken, trouble seems to be the 'direct links' which now have a number of aditional redirects and those are triggering the error 200 for me. I don't think it's a referers issue since i have none ...

Edited by josh

I bet that is going to be helpful to a lot of people. Currently i only use sf.net because of 5 PortableApps, i know some of them are hosted locally at softpedia but not all. Sorry if i don't post a working XML but i read the other user warning. In sum, i am currently using referer above, a browser user agent (!), and only 2 variables, one for the redirect page and another for the download link. Trouble for me is i constantly need to update my jobs.

Edited by josh

Let's try this:

http://www.ketarin.org/downloads/Ketarin/Ketarin-1.5.0.b-sf.zip

SF.net special edition. In order to make downloads work, you need an account on sourceforge.

To download, use the following as dowload URL:

Let's assume we got the following link from a website:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/files%2FphpMyAdmin%2F3.3.7%2FphpMyAdmin-3.3.7-english.zip/download#!md5!d46596178e3941c4ebf2e9a0c62ff28d

Then prepend "sf://yourusername:yourpassword@" to the URL and use it in Ketarin. Should work reliably :)

Download URL:

sf://yourusername:yourpassword@http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/files%2FphpMyAdmin%2F3.3.7%2FphpMyAdmin-3.3.7-english.zip/download#!md5!d46596178e3941c4ebf2e9a0c62ff28d

Since I did not have any problem with sourceforge (and I have a lot of applications coming from there), I did not tested yet.

I captured the actual url of the download file (not the url of the file in the download page) using HttpFox firefox extension that CybTekSol or FrancisoR pointed me a few month ago and had no problem at all.

Anyway, I modified a job just for testing purpose and it worked fine.

One little thing though: the application I used for testing was up to date but Ketarin downloaded the file like if was new.

Next update tries actually see the application was up to date.

I checked that this was not a coincidence and it was not: the remote package is dated from 2010-05-16

I worth mentioning that people using this technique shouldn't share online their jobs...

One little thing though: the application I used for testing was up to date but Ketarin downloaded the file like if was new.

Next update tries actually see the application was up to date.

I checked that this was not a coincidence and it was not: the remote package is dated from 2010-05-16

Actually, this happens each time I restart Ketarin and I run an update on the job.

07/10/2010 00:17:55: Avidemux: Server source file: //sourceforge.net/projects/avidemux/files/avidemux/2.5.3/avidemux_2.5.3_win32.zip/download
07/10/2010 00:17:55: Avidemux: Determined target file name: D:\AppInstallers\Audio_Video\avidemux_2.5.3_win32.zip
07/10/2010 00:17:55: Avidemux: Checking if update is required...
07/10/2010 00:17:55: Avidemux: Update required, file modified dates do not match