Ketarin forum

A 7.1MB Jobs.db file?

CybTekSol

@Flo,

Just wanted to let you know what happened to my Jobs.db file a couple of weeks ago. Apparently something went horribly wrong during a Ketarin update of my 1300+ apps. It appears a site changed and made one of my redirect variables an active download which stored nearly 6MB extraneous data from that in the Jobs.db. How is that possible?

I compacted the database and all was well which leads me to my next questions. What method do you prefer/recommend for compacting the database and can this be a built in option for Ketarin in the future?

Which job was it? I experiment a lot with Ketarin, and my jobs.db file is over 13mb. I've never actually tried to see what was sucking up all that space, but I assume that it's some form of cache of the previous webpages used for version checks and stuff, which would easily have consumed a crapload of space using the PortableApps files lists from SourceForge.

The biggest i have seen for me is 2MB or so but then again most of my downloads are fairly simple and only a handful involve regex.This is likely to change over time as i learn regex myself and add more redundancy to existing downloads.

Currently i have 147 apps including programs,sevaral drivers and about 30 Firefox addons.

I recently did a export-import of the database so currently it sits at a very slim 191KB :D

What i would like to see in future Ketarin version is the ability to change the number and location of database backups.Currently i use my system wide backup batch file to backup stuff into SFX exe:

rar u -dh -ed -ep1 -m0 -os -ow -o+ -r -y "D:\Windows 7\App Settings\Ketarin.exe" "C:\Users\Tomorrow\AppData\Roaming\Ketarin\*"

Which job was it?

I can't remember the app as it occurred at a time when I was extremely busy and did not document it... if it happens again, I WILL document it thoroughly.

BTW, I am using SQLite Database Browser from SourceForge to compact my database files on a regular basis. It works like a charm SO FAR! I keep backups in case something go wrong of course. I added it to the 'Send To' folder just for compacting purposes.

Since SQLite is rather concerned about speed, it will not make any effort "optimising" the database for size. It may be possible that there are some gaps in the file as content is removed and added, nothing to be concerned about. It don't see a problem with that actually.