Ketarin forum

Updated documentation?

appyface

Hi Flo,

I *thought* somewhere in the other thread ("Introducing Ketarin") you had mentioned adding some more built in variables to Ketarin, perhaps date, time etc. However, I can't find that information and the Screenshots/Documentation page only mentions {root} and {file}. I may not be remembering correctly though...

Is the documentation (screenshots, etc.) link up-to-date? Could we have a reference here? Would make it easier to find, thanks in advance for consideration.

Best,

--appyface

I'm a little lost as to what the most current version of Ketarin can do or has as implemented features.

Could the documentation be moved here/and or get a link from here? And be updated to give list of all current features available?

I did see a couple of posts about custom variables and custom columns, but I don't know what they refer to. Or how to go about using (or even know if I'd want to use them).

Thanks as always,

--appyface

Thanks Flo, just want to see what is currently available, it is hard to piece together from all the separate conversations.

Regarding custom column, I activated it with a checkbox. It shows up now but is blank.

What do I do next? I don't know what it is supposed to display.

Thanks and regards,

--appyface

After playing with the Custom Category a bit, it is not so useful for me as I had thought.

I need to be able to concatenate variables and some text data to display in that column. I can't always scrape what I want to see, from a single URL into a single variable.

If in the individual entry, I had a way to construct a single variable from concatenated variables and text, then I could create the Custom column's data however I would like to see it.

For example:

{mainvers} is scraped from one URL and contains the major version of the program, e.g. 3.0

{build} is scraped from another URL and contains the rest of the version info I'm intersted in, e.g. 1026

If I define my Custom column variable name as {fullvers}, then I need a way, in each of my download entries, to define

{fullvers} is made up of (whatever - already scraped variables and text data)

I can then display {fullvers} as my Custom column variable. In the above example I would define {fullvers} as being made up of

{mainvers}.{build}

In another entry {fullvers} might be directly scraped from one URL or be made up of the last modified date, etc.

Can this be done? Create new variables in a download entry, by concatenating existing populated variables and optionally some text?

--appyface

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Flo,

Thank you for the direct link to the documentation here, I hopped over there easily :-) to check on the following:

File -> Settings -> General (tab). 'Global Variable' area.

Unfortunately, I came up empty...

From the conversation above:

Create new variables in a download entry, by concatenating existing populated variables and optionally some text?

Certainly possible, I jus have to think about some appropriate GUI for it.

Is the Global Variable area an implementation of my request? Or something else? How is the Global Variable used? What values does it take on?

Thanks and regards,

--appyface

Hi Flo,

Any further thinking on the implementation of my request? It sounds like it could tie in with the slightly different feature request just made by xhumari... just wondering.

Thanks and regards,

--appyface

P.S. And sort of with Stalker's recent feature request too...

Edited by appyface

So...now you can do just that. A "textual" variable with the content "{mainvers}.{build}" will yield the desired result, if both of those variables are defined :)

This is also a prerequisite for the feature "use variable as change indicator", because I only want to offer the possibility to specify a single variable.