Ketarin forum

'Not a Binary File' with Softpedia Template

allanc

I have not updated my version of Ketarin (1.0.6.22) in a long time and my Softpedia template is dated around 2009/05/29.

The last time that I ran Ketarin to update my applications was 2010/03/23 and all seemed to work OK.

Today, I added about 6 downloads using the Softpedia template.

When I try to update these 6 applications I receive the following error:

For example, 'The downloaded file is not a binary file (type/html). Possibly there is an error page. Status code: 200 (OK) (http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=13739&t=0&i=1)'.

The same type of error occurs if I try to update an application that worked on 2010/03/23.

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance.

Maybe they have changed some internal links that cause these failues? Did you verify that the given link is actually a binary file?

The examples from today are 'zips'.

I used to able to use Ketarin to download these in the past.

Hi, i also have this problem, link now redirects to another page (where you have direct download link) so it's normal that Ketarin gives you that error. You need to redifine affected job(s). Best regards!

Maybe they have changed some internal links that cause these failues? Did you verify that the given link is actually a binary file?

The examples from today are 'zips'.

I used to able to use Ketarin to download these in the past.

Hi' date=' i also have this problem, link now redirects to another page (where you have direct download link) so it's normal that Ketarin gives you that error. You need to redifine affected job(s). Best regards![/quote']

Sorry, I do not understand....

The jobs that I created today are based upon the pages that Softpedia uses today.

I could understand applying what you are saying to jobs that I created many months ago.

Can you please explain further.

Sorry, I do not understand....

The jobs that I created today are based upon the pages that Softpedia uses today.

I could understand applying what you are saying to jobs that I created many months ago.

Can you please explain further.

Hi i thought that was the case (jobs created many months ago), sorry. Please post the links to those 6 applications pages so we can have a look at them.

@allanc,

Softpedia is in the process of redesigning their site which includes a redirect for their downloads... it has already broken 81 of my 87 downloads from there today. I have already figured it out and am in the process of correcting my template for SoftPedia and I will post back as soon as it is vetted.

Update: Can you post your broken template allanc? If so I will fix it with what I have discovered in testing...

@allanc,

Softpedia is in the process of redesigning their site which includes a redirect for their downloads... it has already broken 81 of my 87 downloads from there today. I have already figured it out and am in the process of correcting my template for SoftPedia and I will post back as soon as it is vetted.

Update: Can you post your broken template allanc? If so I will fix it with what I have discovered in testing...

The following is the Softpedia template that I have been using.

Thank you.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<Jobs>
 <ApplicationJob xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
   <DownloadBeta>Default</DownloadBeta>
   <DownloadDate xsi:nil="true" />
   <CheckForUpdatesOnly><placeholder name="Check for updates only ?" value="false" options="true" /></CheckForUpdatesOnly>
   <VariableChangeIndicator />
   <CanBeShared>true</CanBeShared>
   <ShareApplication>false</ShareApplication>
   <ExclusiveDownload>false</ExclusiveDownload>    
   <HttpReferer />
   <Variables>
     <item>
       <key>
         <string>download_url</string>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <RegexRightToLeft>true</RegexRightToLeft>
           <VariableType>RegularExpression</VariableType>
           <Regex>(?<=href\=")(\w+\:\/\/[\w][\w\-?\w.:]+\/?[\w\s\.?=%&=\-/,\)\(]*)(?:".*?{linktext:replace: :[\s]*?}\<)</Regex>
           <Url><placeholder name="Download Page URL" /></Url>
           <Name>download_url</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
     <item>
       <key>
         <string>version</string>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <RegexRightToLeft>false</RegexRightToLeft>
           <Regex>(??<=\<title\>Download.*?(?:.*?\/){<placeholder name="Version match group ? (for 'Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 / 3.0.10 / 2.0.0.20 / 1.5.0.12' use 0 for '3.5 Beta 4', 1 for '3.0.10' and so on)" value="0" options="0|1|2|3" />}\s)(\d+(?:\.\d+)+?(?:.*?){<placeholder name="Version format is 1.x.x ? (0 will exclude 'Trials','Betas' and 'Builds' from capture)" value="1" options="0|1" />})(?=\s[\-\/\[]{<placeholder name="Version format is 1.x.x ? (0 will exclude 'Trials','Betas' and 'Builds' from capture)" />})<placeholder name="Capture date ? (usually not necessary, just delete it)" value="|(?:[a-z]+?\s\d{1,2}[a-z]{2}\,\s\d{4}\,\s\d{2}\:\d{2})(?:\sGMT)?" />)</Regex>
           <Url><placeholder name="Info Page URL" /></Url>
           <Name>version</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>      
     <item>
       <key>
         <string>linktext</string>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <VariableType>Textual</VariableType>
           <Regex />
           <TextualContent><placeholder name="Download link TEXT (escape ANY regular expressions constructs => 'Softpedia Mirror \(RO\)')" value="External Mirror 1" options="Softpedia Secure Download \(US\)|Softpedia Secure Download \(RO\)|Softpedia Mirror \(US\)|Softpedia Mirror \(RO\)|External Mirror 1|External Mirror 2|External Mirror 3|External Mirror 4|Softpedia Secure Download \(US\) - Beta|Softpedia Secure Download \(RO\) - Beta|Softpedia Mirror \(US\) - Beta|Softpedia Mirror \(RO\) - Beta|External Mirror 1 - Beta|External Mirror 2 - Beta|External Mirror 3 - Beta|External Mirror 4 - Beta" /></TextualContent>
           <Name>linktext</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
   </Variables>
   <ExecuteCommand />
   <ExecutePreCommand />
   <Category><placeholder name="Category" value="Test" options="Backup|Benchmark|Clean|Compression|Grep|Internet|Multimedia|Misc|Office|PDF|Recovery|Registry|Scrapbook|Security|Test|Virtualization" /></Category>
   <SourceType>FixedUrl</SourceType>
   <DeletePreviousFile>false</DeletePreviousFile>
   <Enabled>true</Enabled>
   <FileHippoId />
   <LastUpdated xsi:nil="true" />
   <TargetPath>{target}\{category}\<placeholder name="Class" options="Diagramming\|Download\|Extensions\|Graphics\|Network\|Notepad\|Plugins\|ScreenCapture\|Test\|Uninstall\|USB\" /><placeholder name="Rename" value="{appname:replace:SP_:}_{version}.{url:ext}"  /></TargetPath>
   <FixedDownloadUrl>{download_url}</FixedDownloadUrl>
   <Name>SP_<placeholder name="AppName" /></Name>
 </ApplicationJob>
</Jobs>

@allanc,

This is a working version of the SoftPedia template you posted which incorporates a redirect to accommodate their site changes:

<Jobs>
 <ApplicationJob xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
   <CheckForUpdatesOnly><placeholder name="Check for updates only ?" value="false" options="true" /></CheckForUpdatesOnly>
   <HttpReferer />
   <Variables>
     <item>
       <key>
         <string>version</string>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Regex>(??<=\<title\>Download.*?(?:.*?\/){<placeholder name="Version match group ? (for 'Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 / 3.0.10 / 2.0.0.20 / 1.5.0.12' use 0 for '3.5 Beta 4', 1 for '3.0.10' and so on)" value="0" options="0|1|2|3" />}\s)(\d+(?:\.\d+)+?(?:.*?){<placeholder name="Version format is 1.x.x ? (0 will exclude 'Trials','Betas' and 'Builds' from capture)" value="1" options="0|1" />})(?=\s[\-\/\[]{<placeholder name="Version format is 1.x.x ? (0 will exclude 'Trials','Betas' and 'Builds' from capture)" />})<placeholder name="Capture date ? (usually not necessary, just delete it)" value="|(?:[a-z]+?\s\d{1,2}[a-z]{2}\,\s\d{4}\,\s\d{2}\:\d{2})(?:\sGMT)?" />)</Regex>
           <Name>version</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>      
     <item>
       <key>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Regex />
           <TextualContent><placeholder name="Download link TEXT (escape ANY regular expressions constructs => 'Softpedia Mirror \(RO\)')" value="External Mirror 1" options="Softpedia Secure Download \(US\)|Softpedia Secure Download \(RO\)|Softpedia Mirror \(US\)|Softpedia Mirror \(RO\)|External Mirror 1|External Mirror 2|External Mirror 3|External Mirror 4|Softpedia Secure Download \(US\) - Beta|Softpedia Secure Download \(RO\) - Beta|Softpedia Mirror \(US\) - Beta|Softpedia Mirror \(RO\) - Beta|External Mirror 1 - Beta|External Mirror 2 - Beta|External Mirror 3 - Beta|External Mirror 4 - Beta" /></TextualContent>
           <Name>linktext</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
     <item>
       <key>
         <string>redirect</string>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Regex>(?<=href\=")(\w+\:\/\/[\w][\w\-?\w.:]+\/?[\w\s\.?=%&=\-/,\)\(]*)(?:".*?{linktext:replace: :[\s]*?}\<)</Regex>
           <Name>redirect</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
     <item>
       <key>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Regex>(?<=\<meta\shttp-equiv="refresh"\scontent="\d;\surl=)[a-z]+://.+?(?=">)</Regex>
           <Url>{redirect}</Url>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
   </Variables>
   <ExecuteCommand />
   <ExecutePreCommand />
   <Category><placeholder name="Category" value="Test" options="Backup|Benchmark|Clean|Compression|Grep|Internet|Multimedia|Misc|Office|PDF|Recovery|Registry|Scrapbook|Security|Test|Virtualization" /></Category>
   <Enabled>true</Enabled>
   <FileHippoId />
   <TargetPath>{target}\{category}\<placeholder name="Class" options="Diagramming\|Download\|Extensions\|Graphics\|Network\|Notepad\|Plugins\|ScreenCapture\|Test\|Uninstall\|USB\" /><placeholder name="Rename" value="{appname:replace:SP_:}_{version}.{url:ext}"  /></TargetPath>
 </ApplicationJob>
</Jobs>

BTW... I believe this is based on FranciscoR's SoftPedia template posted in the 'Templates section'... so if any one else is using that template, this is a working update of it since FranciscoR is not maintaining it.

@allanc,

This is a working version of the SoftPedia template you posted which incorporates a redirect to accommodate their site changes:

<Jobs>
   <HttpReferer />
   <Variables>
     <item>
       <key>
         <string>version</string>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Name>version</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>      
     <item>
       <key>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Regex />
           <Name>linktext</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
     <item>
       <key>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Name>redirect</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
     <item>
       <key>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Regex>(?<=\<meta\shttp-equiv="refresh"\scontent="\d;\surl=)[a-z]+://.+?(?=">)</Regex>
           <Url>{redirect}</Url>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
   </Variables>
   <ExecuteCommand />
   <ExecutePreCommand />
   <Enabled>true</Enabled>
   <FileHippoId />
 </ApplicationJob>
</Jobs>

BTW... I believe this is based on FranciscoR's SoftPedia template posted in the 'Templates section'... so if any one else is using that template, this is a working update of it since FranciscoR is not maintaining it.

Before I start re-inputting all of the parameters for about 80 applications I would like to make sure that there is no 'trick' that I can use to speed up the process?

That depends on what CybTekSol changed. For simple changes, a search and replace on the raw XML might be more convenient than fixing all apps manually.

The mechanism for automatically update all applications that have been created from a template is still on my todo list...

That depends on what CybTekSol changed. For simple changes, a search and replace on the raw XML might be more convenient than fixing all apps manually.

The mechanism for automatically update all applications that have been created from a template is still on my todo list...

I researched the problem, changed and tested my SP template... then selected all 87 of my SP apps through search and exported their XML, performed a global search and replace, manually inspected the altered XML, imported the altered XML and kept on 'gettin up'. ;)

Yes Flo, that mechanism would be more convenient... in due time... in due time. lol

That depends on what CybTekSol changed. For simple changes' date=' a search and replace on the raw XML might be more convenient than fixing all apps manually.

The mechanism for automatically update all applications that have been created from a template is still on my todo list...[/quote']

I researched the problem, changed and tested my SP template... then selected all 87 of my SP apps through search and exported their XML, performed a global search and replace, manually inspected the altered XML, imported the altered XML and kept on 'gettin up'. ;)

Yes Flo, that mechanism would be more convenient... in due time... in due time. lol

Was just asking, just asking :).

• 1 month later...
@allanc,

<Jobs>
   <HttpReferer />
   <Variables>
     <item>
       <key>
         <string>version</string>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Name>version</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>      
     <item>
       <key>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Regex />
           <Name>linktext</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
     <item>
       <key>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Name>redirect</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
     <item>
       <key>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Url>{redirect}</Url>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
   </Variables>
   <ExecuteCommand />
   <ExecutePreCommand />
   <Enabled>true</Enabled>
   <FileHippoId />
 </ApplicationJob>
</Jobs>

The above seems to work on one sample that I tried.

Thank you once again.

@allanc,

<Jobs>
   <HttpReferer />
   <Variables>
     <item>
       <key>
         <string>version</string>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Name>version</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>      
     <item>
       <key>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Regex />
           <Name>linktext</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
     <item>
       <key>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Name>redirect</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
     <item>
       <key>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <Url>{redirect}</Url>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
   </Variables>
   <ExecuteCommand />
   <ExecutePreCommand />
   <Enabled>true</Enabled>
   <FileHippoId />
 </ApplicationJob>
</Jobs>

I have started to reinput my applications that are available on Softpedia.

On my 5th application I am having an issue with the error 'SP_Instant_Messenger_Cleaner_32_Bit Invalid URI: The URI scheme is not valid.'

The info page is 'http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/MSN-Virus-Cleaner.shtml'.

The one difference that I can see between the first 4 apps that d/l successfully and this one is that there are actually two different versions of the app that I want to download on the d/l page.

Please advise.