Ketarin forum

Shawn's SourceForge template

shawn

hm, it's really normally importing on clean ketarin and windows. I used virtual machine for test it

The "row 4 column 30" issue is an invalid quote. Your text editor is replacing the quote character with a left quote or right quote, which is invalid XML.

However, SF changed their site so the automatic processing from this template simply won't work this way anymore. I'm working on a replacement, but it's a slow process creating a universal method. Give me some time.

I'm sorry, Uksuso - this is where I have to throw my hands up with an "I have no clue". It *should* be working with an ANSI encoded file with straight quotes. I don't know why, but it's simply misbehaving when it's trying to import the file due to the quotes. I wonder if it's being loaded as a different file encoding? Hmm... Yes, UTF-8...

Try the notepad thing again, this time saving the file as UTF-8 encoding.

• 2 weeks later...

If you cannot import a template because of an XML related error message, your XML is invalid. You should probably post your XML so others can tell you what is wrong with it. You can also use any XML validator to validate the XML file you created. There are various things that can go wrong when copying/saving XML manually, but all not Ketarin's fault ;)

The app "Nvidia Driver Notebooks 7 x64" and others contain an invalid/corrupted source template. In the next version, Ketarin will skip these faulty apps. Though that means that these will not be updated with a new prototype template.

how i can detect broken apps?

How get latest files from this: http://sourceforge.n...ext2read/files/ ? can't write distribution, because it changed as version

They're using the wrong structure on SF. Sigh.

For this application you'll need to find another source for the version information, since there's no guaranteed way of determining what the distribution should be when they build them this way.

shawn, Is it possible to use "Download latest release" url to get latest version?

Not with 100% reliability. I tried using this method before the current template iteration, but Sourceforge uses browser parsing to identify what the "latest" is for your platform, and it isn't very discerning with whether to provide a source, binary, msi/exe/zip and so on, so on some platforms you can easily end up with a totally random result with each update.

Even so, you can use the following regex pattern to obtain the file SF tags as the latest version:

source=files" title="(/[^\:]+)\:

• 3 weeks later...