Ketarin forum

User defined sorting columns & Run command (no download)

Omniferum

1. Run command (no download)

At all possible to get a 'run command' to parse all the variables and do everything if the file is found without the downloading? To debug some batch files i've essentially had to download a file 5 times to just get it right. This may not mean much to most people but I live in a place that has small data caps.

2. User Defined Sorting Column

Would it be possible to implement user defined columns but just plaintext on a per application basis?

The custom columns at the moment only allow variables to be input and it applies to ALL apps.

I just want to be able to have another sorting column basically. It is more so I can group certain programs via their install method/commands that I run after downloading.

i.e. group them by those that need install switches, those that need Universal Extractor and those that just need 7-zip, those that are in subfolders to the zip etc. etc.

The way i'm doing it now is just using the category column but i'd still like to use that for sorting the downloaded files later. At the moment they are all just dumped in one directory. I could just edit each target manually but that seems somewhat unelegant and besides I would still need a column that I can place extra info into and sort the apps by.

Unless this is already possible or too hard to implement, I do not see how it would be but i'm not a programmer so me saying that ain't worth much.

The way i'm doing it now is just using the category column but i'd still like to use that for sorting the downloaded files later. At the moment they are all just dumped in one directory.

This is the pattern I use for my "target" on all downloads:

.\{category}\{appname:regexreplace:([\s\t\r\n\-\\&]+):_}-{version}.{url:ext}

You could export your DB to an XML file then perform a find & replace on it to achieve the same or similar results, without editing each and every one individually.

Regarding 2: Can't you put the information you want to use for sorting in any of the existing fields?

I don't understand how you would like to be it on "per application" basis. One column can of course only contain a particular kind of data for all applications. Don't quite see how I could do it differently.

I assume what he's after is some form of inline editing for a custom field that has no functional use beyond the UI and sorting. Personally, I like the idea of inline editing, but don't see the point in adding yet another field: the existing variables functionality does this well enough.

To simplify the second request.

I just want another plain text field like Category or Target, that you have to type in for each application. The custom column values are GREAT don't get me wrong, it's just sorting them by {property:ExecuteCommand} requires my entire screen and there is no way, that I know of, to just enter a bit of text for each application. I am aware I could use the 'notes' section but I have a few criteria

Essentially if you could make an extra custom column be either a global value or a per application setting value that would be nice. Like by default have the custom column fields in each application for ketarin, but if you put something in there it overrides the global.

Even more simplified

One extra custom column, the one "UserNotes" column isn't enough for my purposes

For that column to be user defined on a per user basis

You could just call the column "Extra Information"