Ketarin forum

Import XML -- multiple commands are separated only by linefeeds

appyface

Minor bug...

Import of settings XML and jobs XML. Multiple before/after commands are separated only by a linefeed, and the last one is terminated with only a linefeed.

The commands work fine, but are difficult to edit and work with inside Ketarin GUI without the carriage return/linefeed delimiter.

Please fix?

Thanks as always,

--appyface

• 1 month later...

I don't quite follow you...where is the actual problem? Is the XML generated incorrectly? Does Ketarin not like "\n" without "\r"?

Maybe you can do some comparison like "expected" and "actual" situation.

It's just a readability issue, Flo, everything works fine... Did you try it?

When I input command lines into the command parameter window in Ketarin, I start each of them on a new physical line like this:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There is a CRLF pair at the end of each line because I hit <enter> following entry of each one.

After export/import, however, I see this instead

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|_|yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy|_|zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(where |_| is actually a little rectangle char showing where the linefeed is)

The Ketarin command input window is not very wide, so only the first part of the one physical line can be seen. At first I thought the import had lost my 2nd-n command lines, because I only saw the start of the first command line. Eventually figured out to keep scrolling to the right and the other command lines are there, separated by linefeeds not CRLF pairs.

Do you see the same thing when you try it?

My actual is a linefeed delimiter after (re)import, my expectation is a CRLF pair delimiter after (re)import. *Nix likes linefeeds, but windows does better visually with CRLF....

Edited by appyface

It happens with any of the command input areas for me, whether global or per-app.

I just tried this test:

1. Created brand-new empty jobs.db with default settings

2. Created an app and put two commands into the post-download command input window for the app

3. Exported the app

4. Deleted and recreated the brand-new empty jobs.db with default settings

5. Imported the app

Before I exported the app, my two command lines were on separate physical lines visually (CRLF delimiters)

After importing the app to the new empty db, there is only one physical line visible in the post-download window that scrolls to the right a long ways -- the two comandlines are there, separated by a single linefeed character, and the last commandline is terminated by only a single linefeed character.

I'd like to see them each terminated by CRLF after import instead of a single linefeed character, then they are very readable.

Here's my exported test XML, looks normal enough(?):

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<Jobs>

<ApplicationJob xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" Guid="07fe349d-bc8a-40f1-afe4-d1cc8eda7a8b">

<WebsiteUrl />

<UserNotes />

<LastFileSize>0</LastFileSize>

<LastFileDate xsi:nil="true" />

<IgnoreFileInformation>false</IgnoreFileInformation>

<DownloadBeta>Default</DownloadBeta>

<DownloadDate xsi:nil="true" />

<CheckForUpdatesOnly>false</CheckForUpdatesOnly>

<VariableChangeIndicator />

<CanBeShared>true</CanBeShared>

<ShareApplication>false</ShareApplication>

<ExclusiveDownload>false</ExclusiveDownload>

<HttpReferer />

<Variables />

<ExecuteCommand>C:\Batch_Scripts\ketarin\hardlink_ln.bat {file} {file:replace:filestore:home-eeepc}

C:\Batch_Scripts\ketarin\hardlink_ln.bat {file} {file:replace:filestore:livadm-it001}

</ExecuteCommand>

<ExecutePreCommand />

<Category />

<SourceType>FixedUrl</SourceType>

<PreviousLocation />

<DeletePreviousFile>false</DeletePreviousFile>

<Enabled>true</Enabled>

<FileHippoId />

<LastUpdated xsi:nil="true" />

<TargetPath>C:\</TargetPath>

<FixedDownloadUrl>http://somefile.com</FixedDownloadUrl>

<Name>Import Commandline Test</Name>

</ApplicationJob>

</Jobs>

What do you see after import?

NOTE: I'm using XP Pro SP3 32-bit with all post hotfixes from m$ update... in case that makes a difference...

Edited by appyface