Ketarin forum
shawn

Strange FTP issue

I don't often use FTP URLs, but as far as I can recall, they've always worked for me since 1.8.6.

I switched all the ones I had that used FTP to an HTTPS URL though, so don't have a working one to compare with right now.

Anyway, I'm adding NcFTP. It uses an FTP URL (surprised?). The download URL includes spaces:

ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/ncftp/binaries/Setup NcFTP 3.2.6.msi

ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/ncftp/binaries/Setup NcFTP 3.2.6.msi

Unfortunately, I get the following error every time:

NcFTP	The format of the URI "" cannot be determined. (ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/ncftp/binaries/Setup NcFTP 3.2.6.msi)

I've tried replacing the spaces with "%20" and "+". Both return a different error (550). 

I've tried using a different FTP download from the server:

NcFTP	The format of the URI "" cannot be determined. (ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/ncftpd/2.8.7/ncftpd-2.8.7-aix5.3.0-export.tar.gz)

Is it the FTP server that's causing the problem or am I missing something else that's going to be obvious once I investigate?

It seems to work fine when I download it using Ketarin. Can you share the full app maybe?

Thank you, @floele

You inspired me to dig through the app again and I discovered there was an unused variable that was opening a defective URL and *that* is what was triggering the error. Once I removed that variable it's working fine.

Sigh.