Ketarin forum
ekardian

Trick for Offline Ketarin !!!working!!!

This steps work without internet, just a sqlite sentence for made it with DB Browser for windows -> download   http://sqlitebrowser.org

Example: you are copying your ketarin in a usb drive, and your repository to another partition/usb drive in the target computer

Tip: You can work with the portable DB Browser for SQLite from your usb drive and  made there all the changes.

STEPS

• Backup your jobs.db database (just copy to another limbo)
  • With your Globals Variable not work,  SO DO NOT CHANGE YOUR GLOBALS VARIABLES, you need them for the new check/update programs
  • For ketarin offline mode you need replace the new path in the field PreviousRelativeLocation from your jobs.db database.

You have your utilities in

d:\repository\utilities\

d:\repository\Graphics\

For your network shared for example your default repository is located in "d:\repository\" you can change for  "\\myserver-ip\foldershared\"

in the SQL Execute, see the picture below

UPDATE jobs SET PreviousRelativeLocation = replace(PreviousRelativeLocation,'..\repository\','\\CHANGE_ME_FOR_NEW_PATH\');

so now you have in all rows:

\\CHANGE_ME_FOR_NEW_PATH\utilities\

\\CHANGE_ME_FOR_NEW_PATH\Graphics\

• Save the Changes!!!! database or not work
  • and done!!.

i tested in offline computers without internet, windows 7  64 bits and windows 10 64 bits, last update March 2020.

Even after updated some programs i changed the database and tested from another computer without internet and was working like charm, see the winrar picture

i attached the sql file if u dont want write a litle words.

Thanks to Ketarin developers, i need work now for make money and inv you a coofe xD

replace1.png

replace2.png

replace3.png

offline_sql_hack.sql

You could also do this from the command line without having to open DB4S. Download sqlite3.exe (it's in the sqlite-tools-win32 package) and put it in the same folder as your Ketarin database (or in your path). Create a batch file next to your Ketarin database and put this in it:

sqlite3 test.db "UPDATE jobs SET PreviousRelativeLocation = replace(PreviousRelativeLocation,'..\repository\','\\CHANGE_ME_FOR_NEW_PATH\');"

Be sure to replace '..\repository\' and '\\CHANGE_ME_FOR_NEW_PATH\' to the correct original and new paths. 

And, this is important, be sure to quote the strings in single-quotes, NOT double-quotes. sqlite3 is a stickler for true SQL syntax, so only allows single-quotes for wrapping string literals.