Ketarin forum
kazso

Unhandled exception when reading variable from local file

When i add a variable to an application, which is part of the download URL (for example https://download-installer.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/firefox/releases/{version}/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup {version}.exe) or the filename (for example d:\Firefox {version}.exe), and the variable is read from a local file, then canceling a file download (update or force download) will result in an unhandled exception error:

Ketarin_Unhandled_Exception.png.c7d256ef82e23d8cf3d2f13c40cb0122.png

I get the same error with Ketarin 1.8.10.15 and 1.8.11 Beta.

These are the steps to recreate this error (using Firefox as an example):

1. Create a text file (c:\firefoxversion.txt) and write a version number into it (68.0).
  2. Create a new application in Ketarin (Firefox), and add a version variable to it. Change the type to Content from URL (Regular Expression), add the path to the text file into Contents from URL (c:\firefoxversion.txt), and add [\d\.]+ as the regular expression.
  3. Add the download URL: https://download-installer.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/firefox/releases/{version}/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup {version}.exe
  4. Add a path to Save in folder (c:\).
  5. Update (or force download) this application.
  6. Cancel during the download.

I uploaded firefoxversion.txt and firefox.xml. To test this, import firefox.xml into Ketarin and copy firefoxversion.txt to c:\.

firefoxversion.txt firefox.xml

Interesting, seems a bit like a bug in the .NET Framework maybe. Will catch the exception anyway to prevent an error from occurring.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.