Ketarin forum

Ketarin beta 1.8.11

floele

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 11:31 AM, floele said:

I uploaded another version with more fixes for FH.

Thank you very much! Works for me :)

Edit:

Unfortunately, not completely. I got an error for iTunes (Download URL for FileHippo ID 'itunes' cannot be found.) and VLC Media Player (404) as well as Silverlight.

thanks!

Edited by netBios

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, UksusoFF said:

Thanks. Nightly can download from FileHippo? Or FH support is dead

The current beta (at the top of this thread) supports FH. If you continue to experience issues with that please report here.

The nightly build should also support FH, but since it's a nightly build I recommend avoiding it. Any number of other features could exist in an unstable state.

10 hours ago, shawn said:

If you continue to experience issues with that please report here.

Yep. Seems trouble with app which contains slash in id:

https://filehippo.com/download_vlc_media_player/64/
https://filehippo.com/download_infrarecorder/32/

Also other app from FH fail parse version.

I am completely gone from FH after the first time they screwed everything up a few years ago. I always download all my apps from the original site. It's a bit more cumbersome to set up the app. But after that you have to change the code every few years.

• 2 weeks later...

I was experiencing a problem with the new global "On update failed" command. I'm leaving this comment to help others that might experience the same issue.

I'm using it to log issues with apps and record as much about the event as possible. It was working pretty well most of the time, but randomly raised a file access error to the text file I was logging to. EVEN WITH error handling it still raised an error and locked up Ketarin at that point during a deadlock on the log file. It only erred when parallel downloads > 1. If I reduced it to 1 then I had no problems. I switched out the code from using Add-Content to piping to Out-File -Append. That works fine. The revised code I'm using is below.

#### Append current log details
Try{
    ( "`nERROR:`t$($scategory)`t$($sslug)`t$($sname)`t$($sversion)" | Out-File Updates.txt -Append )
}
Catch{
    echo 'Can not write to Updates.txt';
    echo "`nERROR:`t$($scategory)`t$($sslug)`t$($sname)`t$($sversion)";
}
####

With the Out-File -Append method I am able to hike parallel downloads back up to 4 without problems. Still hoping for a more descriptive error handler so I can record much the same text that appears in the popup directly to the log.

Also, will there be an option to disable the post-check-for-updates error popup?

Thanks, @floele!

• 2 weeks later...

Bug:

Using latest 1.8.11 beta posted June 15 and seeing strange behavior. It looks like new variables may not be parsed the same way as variables that already exist for a job.

I created a new variable on a job, "svendor". I populated it with a text value (Nirsoft). I use the following PS code in after update to populate a field in a database:

$svendor = $app.variables.ReplaceAllInString("{svendor}", $sfiletime, $sfilename, $true);
	if($svendor -eq "{svendor}"){$svendor = '';}
	echo 'svendor:'$svendor;

Unfortunately, svendor always returns empty.

2019-09-21 11:59:38: PowerShell: svendor:
2019-09-21 11:59:38: PowerShell: 
2019-09-21 11:59:38: PowerShell: swebsite:
2019-09-21 11:59:38: PowerShell: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/browsing_history_view.html

I changed svendor in the first param of ReplaceAllInString to swebsite (another variable I use in all my jobs) and it parsed it correctly. 

2019-09-21 11:59:03: PowerShell: svendor:
2019-09-21 11:59:03: PowerShell: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/browsing_history_view.html
2019-09-21 11:59:03: PowerShell: swebsite:
2019-09-21 11:59:03: PowerShell: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/browsing_history_view.html

I've closed and reopened Ketarin and deleted and recreated the variable. I've tried a different variable name. Nothing is getting this value to populate into the powershell script.

I've tried this on three jobs now and each is failing. Two are based on a template and I thought that might be the problem, but I tried with one that isn't based on a template and it didn't work either. 

Any ideas?

Hello, I am in the same case as many users. I can not download from FH anymore .. I can not download the latest version (beta) of KETARIN can you give us a link? KETARIN is a very important application in my professional activity, it serves me daily for application updates 

Thanks you,

On 9/10/2019 at 3:09 PM, shawn said:

Is there a way of trapping the specific error message for logging? I'd like to completely eliminate my reliance on the post-update-cycle popup. 

Yes! There is an $apperror variable (of type Exception) in this case. You can use the .Message property for example.

On 9/21/2019 at 9:11 PM, shawn said:

Using latest 1.8.11 beta posted June 15 and seeing strange behavior. It looks like new variables may not be parsed the same way as variables that already exist for a job.

Can you post a sample app for me to look at? I think after that is sorted out it's time for a new official release.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:53 AM, floele said:

Can you post a sample app for me to look at? I think after that is sorted out it's time for a new official release.

Not really. I've been trying to trim down the process in order to make a simple test case and I might have found a way around it.

The issue is that *new* Textual variables are not being parsed correctly when using the ReplaceAllInString syntax:

$sdownload = $app.variables.ReplaceAllInString("{sdownload}", $sfiletime, $sfilename, $true);

I'm currently working around this by testing the type of variable each time and only using ReplaceAllInString for non-Textual variables, and using TextualContent for the Textual variables that do not have curly braces in them. If it has a curly brace I'm pushing it through ReplaceAllInString anyway for safety, but for new Textual variables always returns an empty string at that point. I haven't added many new apps recently so can't say whether this is affecting non-Textual variables. I don't think it is.

Unfortunately, this TextualContent-only parsing means that embedded variables are not processed. Thus if I set myvar to "This is version {version}" then {myvar} is not being parsed to "This is version 1.0" but instead appears literally as "This is version {version}".

Bug report:

Since I added new variables to my general structure I wanted to update my default app template.

I clicked 'add new application'. I clicked on 'variables'. I added several variables and set most of them to regex, since that's what I almost always use for those, and two as text. I clicked OK then went to 'advanced settings' and attempted to assign version as the change indicator. It wasn't listed. I had set version as a regex variable.

I revisited the variables page and recreated it, noticing that all the regex variables I created were lost. All the text ones were still there.

I had not assigned a URL to the regex variables, but IMHO it should never delete variables on me. Worst case scenario it should nag/warn me or provide an idiot prompt ("are you sure you don't want to add a URL for this variable?") and then ignore the variable during processing or automatically disable it when I save it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • floele unfeatured and unpinned this topic