Ketarin forum
Guest nodokasa

Web Engine DDoS protection / Bot detection support

Guest nodokasa

I've noticed that when trying to reach https://www.wireshark.org recently through Ketarin, the server reports a 503 (every time & instantly) - but not in my own "real" browser.

I suspect it is because the server / web page is, as part of the CloudFlare DDoS protection, doing a sophisticated check against the Ketarin WebEngine which it does not respond properly to, thus resulting in a 503 error in Ketarin.

It'd be nice if the engine would support this. (-:

For me, WireShark also works fine as a single download. But as soon as you establish further connections which also use CloudFlare, you are blocked. Unfortunately it doesn't help to run the 'CloudFlare' downloads one by one... :(

I avoid CloudFlare downloads simply because of the trouble they've caused me in the past. However, there are a couple I use that I had to use with CloudFlare. I got around it by using a wget user agent and enabling the option to "not download simultaneously with other applications."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.