Ketarin forum

Web Engine DDoS protection / Bot detection support

Guest nodokasa

Guest nodokasa

I've noticed that when trying to reach https://www.wireshark.org recently through Ketarin, the server reports a 503 (every time & instantly) - but not in my own "real" browser.

I suspect it is because the server / web page is, as part of the CloudFlare DDoS protection, doing a sophisticated check against the Ketarin WebEngine which it does not respond properly to, thus resulting in a 503 error in Ketarin.

It'd be nice if the engine would support this. (-:

For me, WireShark also works fine as a single download. But as soon as you establish further connections which also use CloudFlare, you are blocked. Unfortunately it doesn't help to run the 'CloudFlare' downloads one by one... :(

• 2 weeks later...

I avoid CloudFlare downloads simply because of the trouble they've caused me in the past. However, there are a couple I use that I had to use with CloudFlare. I got around it by using a wget user agent and enabling the option to "not download simultaneously with other applications."