Ketarin forum

Multi hosts

jokerfool

• 2 weeks later...

How about freely selectable hosts per download entry via self-defined variables? I mean that you can create several download variables and for each download you can define for the URL field that only one URL variable is used or two or three. If the first download link fails, go to the second or third. This would be handy to use downloads from the manufacturer's site, from Github or Fosshub, etc. For example, Fosshub sometimes blocks the download because of CloudFlare. If downloading is not possible try the next URL if set...

21 hours ago, necrox said:

How about freely selectable hosts per download entry via self-defined variables? I mean that you can create several download variables and for each download you can define for the URL field that only one URL variable is used or two or three. If the first download link fails, go to the second or third. This would be handy to use downloads from the manufacturer's site, from Github or Fosshub, etc. For example, Fosshub sometimes blocks the download because of CloudFlare. If downloading is not possible try the next URL if set...

Something like this has been suggested in the past: https://ketarin.userecho.com/communities/1/topics/22-allow-multiple-downloads-per-application-or-mirrors

@floele If it didn't happen 4 years ago then its long overdue and very unlikely to happen now. The coding alone for multihosts does seem like a massive overhaul. I've scrubbed FH completely out of the application as it just keeps bugging out, Filehorse looked sim to FileHippo, I tried to change everything from what was running in FH to the horse but ended up with some errors on downloading the file. so I've left it at that.

Thanks for the reply.

@jokerfooldon't forget that you can always use the "template" feature to build your own (or download a template from the Templates section) to get the same (and better) functionality that the Filehippo option currently provides. The beauty of templates is that when the site changes you need only to modify your XML template and drag it back into Ketarin to force an update to all the apps made based on that template. It's a thing of beauty. Years ago I started to use a template for almost every site that I had to download more than two apps from and have not looked back. I currently only have 5 apps (out of nearly 800) that use Filehippo, and only because their sites were even less reliable than Filehippo.