Ketarin forum

How to ignore minor version number changes?

K3tchup

Can I make Ketarin update a program only when the 1st or 2nd split of version number changes?

Let's say that the version number currently is "1.15.27" and the next update I want is on "1.16.nn" not before.

I want it to work so that I won't need to download an update at "1.15.28", "1.15.29" ... etc.

I found something at http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=83

and tried to do it with Split and Trimend but couldn't get it working right.

Is it possible and how would I do it?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Only way i know how to do this is to monitor version and to manually download file when major build is available.

If i'm not mistaken you can only use 'Avoid Beta Versions' with Filehippo.com website.

Best regards!

beta and major build versions are separate things...

1.15.24, 1.15.25, 1.15.26, 1.15.27, 1.15.28, 1.15.29 can all be NOT beta, and therefore, will be downloaded

Edited by cassiohui

Can I make Ketarin update a program only when the 1st or 2nd split of version number changes?

Let's say that the version number currently is "1.15.27" and the next update I want is on "1.16.nn" not before.

I want it to work so that I won't need to download an update at "1.15.28", "1.15.29" ... etc.

I found something at http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=83

and tried to do it with Split and Trimend but couldn't get it working right.

Is it possible and how would I do it?

You can use a regex to capture only the part you're interested in.

Something like (\d+\.\d+) will capture 1.15 from 1.15.27

Thanks andreone!

I had not used regular expressions with Ketarin before but this online tester was a great help:

http://gskinner.com/RegExr/

Anyone else with similar problem might want to check the other resources in Ketarin FAQ as well.

I checked my Ketarin log and found this:

D2X-XL: Update not required, {majorversion} has not changed

So I have every reason to believe it works the way I want it to.

I made a new variable for "major version number" because I still want to see the full version number

on Ketarin Custom Value column when I do decide to launch the GUI for whatever reason.

Edited by K3tchup

• 3 months later...

if-then-else...erm, yeah, if you don't expect me to help you understand your newly created super-complext single line variable that doesn't seem to work the way it shoud ;)

For such occasions me might just as well consider a plugin system for Ketarin so you can go and write some actual code with C#.