Ketarin forum
Knightmare

Help: Exclude settings from MultiCommander Extraction

I'm trying to find out how I would go about excluding the settings files from MultiCommander extract so that I don't have to keep resetting the settings whenever I update the program. Here is the code that I'm using:

7z x "{file}" -o"{root}SyMenu\ProgramFiles\{category}\Multi Commander\" -xr!*.ini -r -y

For some reason, I keep having to tell the program the window style that I want and I have to keep telling the program to show hidden files/folders. I'm looking to save the settings so that it will hold the style and the file/folder setting. Any suggestions?

Haven't tested your code but this may be the problem:

Commander\" 

Note that a backslash escapes quotes, so you either need to use two or end the directory without the slash:

7z x "{file}" -o"{root}SyMenu\ProgramFiles\{category}\Multi Commander" -xr!*.ini -r -y

Again, I haven't tried it, but it's worth a shot.

What is the context where it's asking you for window style? Is that a Multi Commander setting?

You should be able to make any changes you like directly from Ketarin. I use nircmd to make simple INI changes and a custom VBS to make XML file changes. 

On 12/9/2018 at 11:47 PM, shawn said:

What is the context where it's asking you for window style? Is that a Multi Commander setting?

You should be able to make any changes you like directly from Ketarin. I use nircmd to make simple INI changes and a custom VBS to make XML file changes. 

Here's what I ended up doing to fix all of my issues:

image.thumb.png.1cbf542d45fa70a1e0450962782475be.png