Ketarin forum

Install Firefox in completely offline mode

omid

hi.

I want to install Firefox when I'm completely offline and do not have access to the Internet , but I encounter this error when installing.

1.JPG.c2da7ddc07fe93ef25e30c2f004da7fe.JPG

But when I get online I install it without any errors.

To install Firefox completely offline in software ketarin What should I do?

Are you performing an "update and install" or just an "install"? The error would occur if you were attempting to use the "update and install" or if any variables you were using within your install script depended upon an active internet connection.

I use the following to install Firefox:

ECHO.[Install] >"%AppData%\firefox.ini"
ECHO.InstallDirectoryName=Mozilla Firefox>>"%AppData%\firefox.ini"
ECHO.QuickLaunchShortcut=false>>"%AppData%\firefox.ini"
ECHO.MaintenanceService=true>>"%AppData%\firefox.ini"
"{file}" /INI="%AppData%\firefox.ini"

2 hours ago, shawn said:

Are you performing an "update and install" or just an "install"? The error would occur if you were attempting to use the "update and install" or if any variables you were using within your install script depended upon an active internet connection.

I use the following to install Firefox:

ECHO.[Install] >"%AppData%\firefox.ini"
ECHO.InstallDirectoryName=Mozilla Firefox>>"%AppData%\firefox.ini"
ECHO.QuickLaunchShortcut=false>>"%AppData%\firefox.ini"
ECHO.MaintenanceService=true>>"%AppData%\firefox.ini"
"{file}" /INI="%AppData%\firefox.ini"

I'm just installing it.

1.If I want to install software ketarin on an external hard drive and install software mozilla on another system that does not have Internet access, this error message is given.
But I think because I've been upgraded to my system if I temporarily disconnect Internet access, it will be installed on my system.
On the other system, I just have to (check for update) once to install the Mozilla.

why is this happening?

Most likely the drive letter changed. Ketarin stores the complete path to the downloaded file, not the relative path. This means that if the drive you're running Ketarin on within your own computer maps it as E: and other computers you run it on map it as F: or G: then it won't be visible and will need to be reparsed before it'll run. A simple solution is to change the drive letter of your device to match the drive letter you originally downloaded stuff on. I use "K:". There is a sample script to automate this here