Ketarin forum

How to install font by ketarin

omid

The above assumes that the downloaded file ("{file}") is a single font file of any standard format (otf, fon, ttf, ttc). This would be true as long as you're downloading fonts individually. If you're actually downloading a fontpack or zip or something, in which case you'd need to extract them first. I recommend extracting them to a temporary folder or your 214FA folder to prevent extracting garbage information. That would look something closer to this:

2018-11-09 21_48_58-Edit Xpdf.png

my dear friend ,

This is to thank you for devoting your time to answering my questions and helping me to increase my knowledge on this matter./ subject.

I wanted to say something.
My fonts are usually fixed and not as a compressed file.
If you want to get the whole font as file .rar or zip
1. Should I address the compressed file?
2. Is the folder
7-Zip in the folder itself ketarin?
3 Is the software
7-Zip 32-bit or 64-bit?
4 If I do not want to make fonts as a compressed file, what will be the final installation for installation?
Thanks again for the patience.

I apologize that I do not speak English well.

ccccc.JPG

xxx.JPG

Do I have to do the following?
Just delete the first line?

628676736_2018-11-0921_48_58-EditXpdf.png.9ed6d8ba3986c711680acb182905957f.png

Zipped Addressing ....

ss.JPG

Or...

aaaa.JPG

I do not download fonts from somewhere but it is fixed just for installing in similar windows.

If you want to get the whole font as file .rar or zip
1. Should I address the compressed file?

If you're installing many fonts, then using a zip would be faster.

2. Is the folder 7-Zip in the folder itself ketarin?

I've never seen 7-Zip as part of a Ketarin distribution. Based on the image it looks like you installed or extracted the 7-Zip package into that folder. 

3. Is the software 7-Zip 32-bit or 64-bit?

7-Zip is released in both 32-bit and 64-bit formats. The 32-bit format will work on both 32-bit and 64-bit computers. For the purposes of running the "7z" command (7z.exe) you only actually need the 7z.exe file, everything else can be removed. It does need to be located within some directory in the system path, however. 7-Zip works with zip, rar, cab and many other compression formats.

4If I do not want to make fonts as a compressed file, what will be the final installation for installation?

If the font file isn't compressed then you can use just the commands with "*" for many files, but if each Ketarin Application is a different font then you could use a more generic command:

copy "{file}" "%windir%\Fonts"

This would install the font by copying the individual file downloaded into the Fonts folder, regardless of format. It does expect that the file is a real font file, of course.

Since zip files are files, if you were going to use a font.zip file you'd need to download it "to a file". You can't use "font.zip" as a folder name and have it still be a real compressed file. 

Dear shawn.

I would like to appreciate you for all your help and support. You have been very helpful and I really do not know how to thank you for sharing the information I needed.
I do apologize for all the inconveniences and thanks again for everything.
Yours sincerely omid.

An EXE isn't a font, so it won't install the fonts by copying the file. You'll need to extract it or run it to extract the fonts. Sometimes you can use "/S" to install it silently, but 7z should be able to extract if it's just a self-installing exe. Doesn't hurt to try, anyway. I would run this from a command line first to test it out:

7z e 214fa.exe

If that results in your fonts being extracted then you're good to go. You just need to change the output directory and use a full path to the file. Something like this:

7z e -o"%windir%\fonts" "{file}" *.ttf *.otf *.ttc *.fon

20 hours ago, shawn said:

An EXE isn't a font, so it won't install the fonts by copying the file.

I used to use Windows Post-Install software in the past to install fonts as follows:( Windows Post-Install Wizard is discontinued)

( Because I have a photo upload limit, the link to the photos is as follows: )

http://oi64.tinypic.com/x2rq0w.jpg

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2lrpfl.jpg

http://oi64.tinypic.com/15ekdps.jpg

it's the same.
I want to follow your commands.
A few questions have come to my notice
For example, I have a compressed folder with a number of fonts.
1. Do you have to write something in the URL box in the ketarin Software, for example, to install some fixed fonts that do not have a download link?
2. Do you need to install 7z for running 7z commands on other systems?
3. With the last command(7z e -o"%windir%\fonts" "{file}" *.ttf *.otf *.ttc *.fon)the fonts are copied to the Windows font folder, but it does not appear in the Windows font folder.
http://oi68.tinypic.com/10wim3a.jpg

http://oi64.tinypic.com/al6iw5.jpg

4.Do you need to enter the names of those fonts in the Windows registry?
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]?????
Why, though the fonts are installed, does not appear in the Windows font folder?
what's the solution?

Fonts don't have to appear in the registry to be installed and available.

The only thing necessary for a font to be "installed" is for the font file to be copied to the Windows\Fonts folder. If the font is there, it's installed. If not, it's not. 

Ketarin is more a package manager than anything. If an application doesn't have a download URL then it's not really a Ketarin thing. 

In this case, what you're trying to do is another thing that requires elevation. If you run Ketarin elevated ("run as administrator") this will succeed. If not, you'll get an access denied error.

The first step in diagnosing problems with installer scripts or pre/post commands is to run them in a full interactive command prompt to see if they work that way. You can also use the "log" feature (CTRL+L) and look for errors during your commands. In either of these situations you'd see an access denied error. Trying it elevated it works. Run Ketarin elevated and you should be fine.