Ketarin forum

Running Self Extracting EXE from Ketarin

Knightmare

I'm trying to add Display Driver Uninstaller to a collection of tools that I'm putting together but the file that is downloaded is a self extracting 7zip exe file. I know how to start the file automatically once it is downloaded but then it pops up with a screen asking me where I want to unpack the files. I would like for the whole process to be automated, since it is just for my recovery usb and I'm in any need for it at the moment.

Another option where root folders are using version numbers (as is the case with DDU) in the root folder is to rename the destination folder before unzipping and then rename it back to the generic version when finished. 

move "\Ketarin\Drivers\DDU" "DDU v{version}"
7z -spe ...
move "\Ketarin\Drivers\DDU v{version}" "DDU"

• 3 weeks later...

What is -spe?

For some reason, the post commands aren't running automatically:

7z x "{file}" -o"{root}SyMenu\ProgramFiles\" -y
move "{root}SyMenu\ProgramFiles\DDU v{ver}" "{root}SyMenu\ProgramFiles\Display Driver Uninstaller"
del /q "{root}SyMenu\ProgramFiles\DDU*.exe"

Other than it, it's doing what I want it to do.

EDIT: I think the issue was that there was a Display Driver Uninstaller folder in SyMenu root folder. Issue seems to be resolved.