Ketarin forum

Testing a new CNET Download.com Template

CybTekSol

I have the same problem, I can't get this template to import. (I'm using Ketarin 1.6.0.b6 on Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit, in case that matters.)

The original error seems to be that Ketarin is interpreting the </b> as the end of a tag, and sees it has no opening <b> tag. Since it's part of a regex Ketarin ought not to be checking tags...?

Just for grins, to see if I could get the template imported, however corrupt.

The regex line being complained about, is from this segment:

<value>

<UrlVariable>

<RegexRightToLeft>false</RegexRightToLeft>

<VariableType>RegularExpression</VariableType>

<Regex>(?:Version:</b>\s?)(\d+[\.\d+]+?.*?)(?:\s<|<)</Regex>

<Url>http://download.cnet.com/{find}</Url>

<Name>version</Name>

</UrlVariable>

</value>

1. I tried escaping the '/' in </b>. Ketarin complains the filename cannot start with a '/'.

2. I removed the escape and then removed the first '<'. Ketarin moves on to what is now position 61 and complains the filename cannot start with a '|'.

3. I remove the '|'. Ketarin complains the filename cannot start with what is now in 61, a '<'.

4. I remove the '<'. Ketarin complains the filename cannot start with what is now in 61, a ')'.

5. I remove the ')'. Ketarin complains the filename cannot start with what is now in 61, a '<'.

6. I remove the '<'. The template imports.

Since I have no idea how this template works yet, or what that regex does, I've no idea what I've just done to the template or it's ability to do it's job. But it was a fun exercise :-)

Kind regards,

--appyface

Edit: Well I played with the imported template and now I have my answer. The above surgery understandably b0rked the regex for the 'version' variable.

Solution: Paste the original Regex into the Ketarin app's variable.

Result: The app works :-) THANK YOU CybTekSol :-)

I think we need Flo to weigh in on this one... How can we get Ketarin to ignore tags inside regex strings?

Edited by appyface

@shawn

Please scroll up this page and examine the template CybTekSol provided -- the problem section is marked exactly as I posted it. Have a look?

If CybTekSol didn't hand-edit that portion then Ketarin goofed the export...

Kind regards,

--appyface

And that may be. But, what I'm addressing are the latest posts -- people having problems importing the posted template. If you can't get it imported, you can't export it correctly, can you?

The best resolution is to fix the posted template above. Can you take care of that, or ping CybTekSol or Flo to do it?

Kind regards,

--appyface

If you get such an error, just save the content you copy as new file with the extension .xml and open it in Internet Explorer. It will give you a probably better error message and tell you what part of the XML is wrong and needs to be corrected.

@Flo I did open the template in an XML editor, actually. But I've not really used templates nor studied them, and the syntax coloring actually backed up Ketarin's error message -- that some tags were not complete pairs. Not much help for me, I'm afraid. Me, I just stumbled on in looking for a solution to a problem with CNET, found a template that looked promising, so I followed the instructions: Copy/paste/import :-) For some of us, those instructions didn't work out so well LOL

@CybTekSol Thank you for permanently correcting the issue, so no one else will repeat the trouble we had with it. And it really does work a treat, thanks so much for sharing it :-D

Kind regards,

--appyface

It's about dealing with the spam on this forum. As posts are approved people will be added to a whitelist of sorts. Please have patience. As you know, the forum has come under a huge deluge of spam recently, and it really really needed to be dealt with. This is us dealing with it. :)

@XML: If you give me the complete XML, I can tell you what is wrong. Otherwise I can only tell you that any XML Ketarin deals with needs to be well formed.

@Approval: Fixed, should not be necessary for regular members.

@Flo The malformed XML has been there for your inspection all along -- in the template posted above by CybTekSol (which has now been fixed). Not sure why you didn't see it.

And I repeated the faulty XML section in my post #26 above. Not sure why you didn't see that either?

Kind regards,

--appyface

@CybTekSol Thank you for permanently correcting the issue, so no one else will repeat the trouble we had with it. And it really does work a treat, thanks so much for sharing it :-D

Kind regards,

--appyface

You're welcome appyface... sorry it took me so long to catch this had happened. ;)

• 4 months later...