Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.1.0 (beta)

floele

Hi,

I'm not sure what else can i do except wait until someone reproduces them.

- after checking for update Ketarin now jumps to the beggining of list (this nags a lot...)

I mean when i check for an update individually in the end Ketarin jumps to the beggining of list. For instance, i have 150 jobs, i go to job n.º 75, check for update and in the end Ketarin jumps to job number 1. No such problem with version 1.09, this one is very easy to reproduce

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- error window doesnt pop-up now (i got 2 errors ann no pop-up in the end)
I can't reproduce this one either.

- after checking for update Ketarin now jumps to the beggining of list (this nags a lot...)
However, I have this issue all the time.

I just open Ketarin, scroll down a little, pick up a job and select "Update". When the update is completed, the list seems to be cleared and refilled.

Hi,

I am not the expert but all you need is to use imagination. Use this job to reproduce it - this version 'downloads' a bunch of page code and no error is show

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Jobs>
 <ApplicationJob xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" Guid="37cab07b-1be3-4a45-b86c-ffc83bc5455a">
   <WebsiteUrl />
   <UserNotes />
   <LastFileSize>0</LastFileSize>
   <LastFileDate>2009-12-06T23:08:36.0402133</LastFileDate>
   <IgnoreFileInformation>false</IgnoreFileInformation>
   <DownloadBeta>Default</DownloadBeta>
   <DownloadDate xsi:nil="true" />
   <CheckForUpdatesOnly>false</CheckForUpdatesOnly>
   <VariableChangeIndicator />
   <CanBeShared>true</CanBeShared>
   <ShareApplication>false</ShareApplication>
   <ExclusiveDownload>false</ExclusiveDownload>
   <HttpReferer />
   <Variables>
     <item>
       <key>
         <string>version</string>
       </key>
       <value>
         <UrlVariable>
           <RegexRightToLeft>false</RegexRightToLeft>
           <VariableType>RegularExpression</VariableType>
           <Regex>\d\\\\\\\\d</Regex>
           <Url>http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html</Url>
           <Name>version</Name>
         </UrlVariable>
       </value>
     </item>
   </Variables>
   <ExecuteCommand>7z x "{file}" -o"{root}USB-Toolkit\{category}\{appname}\" -y</ExecuteCommand>
   <ExecutePreCommand />
   <Category>Information</Category>
   <SourceType>FixedUrl</SourceType>
   <PreviousLocation>D:\ZipFiles\filetypesman.zip</PreviousLocation>
   <DeletePreviousFile>true</DeletePreviousFile>
   <Enabled>true</Enabled>
   <FileHippoId />
   <LastUpdated>2009-12-06T23:08:36.0402133</LastUpdated>
   <TargetPath>{root}ZipFiles\</TargetPath>
   <FixedDownloadUrl>http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/filetypesman.zip</FixedDownloadUrl>
   <Name>FileTypesMan</Name>
 </ApplicationJob>
</Jobs>

Edited by josh

However, I have this issue all the time.

Maybe it's an OS issue? Which is yours?

I doubt that. It happens on Vista Home SP2 FR and on XP SP2 FR.

Maybe the FR is in cause :)

However, it's really not a big issue, just a bit annoying. I'll try to get the latest sources and do a little debugging session today or tomorrow. I'll let you know.

- version is wrong -> therefore an error message should be given. no?

So far, no one ever requested that. Variables that cannot be resolved are simply ignored.

website to show the website of the app?

Some day maybe, but how is that useful?

Hi,

I tested the above job with version 1.09 and you're right i dont receive an error message. Maybe its not a priority but it makes sense to me.

If you could just fix the jumping issue it would be great.

One final question from me, is there a reason for startup being a bit slower? Right now i see, for 4-5 seconds on startup, the message 'no application has been added yet'.

Thank you for your support.

Edited by josh

Slower compared to 1.0.9? I don't think that there is something new in this regard. Feel free to send me your database so I can check. It shouldn't be that slow.

And I don't think that I can fix the selection issue before I can actually reproduce that. Hopefully andreone can find the source of the problem.

Slower compared to 1.0.9? I don't think that there is something new in this regard. Feel free to send me your database so I can check. It shouldn't be that slow.

And I don't think that I can fix the selection issue before I can actually reproduce that. Hopefully andreone can find the source of the problem.

Hello, I think I found the culprit of the selection issue: it's the ObjectListView sort function that forces the redraw of the view (groups are destroyed and rebuilt).

Commenting the line 234 in MainForm.cs removes the problem:

olvJobs.Sort();

Should the sort only be called when the sorted column is the last updated time?

Or a global option?

I don't know.

I also experienced the speed issue.

After searching a bit but finding nothing, I tried the latest SqlLite assembly (1.0.65.0), just to see. This solved the problem. The window is shown almost immediately, whereas with version 1.0.58.0, I have the time to read "no application has been added yet".

Time to upgrade ;)

Ah, I see. Thanks. I guess that I will just disable the re-sorting if the ListView is grouped. I didn't have mine grouped, so I wasn't able to reproduce the problem.

It is occurring with me also Flo... I have my list sorted by app name. Also, with 1320 apps, I definitely have noticed a lag in the initial display of the list and during a 'ctrl-a' select all test as well. Otherwise, all is well, great job on the additional features!

Indeed the startup is still laggy.

So I retested with my build of yesterday and found it faster. The difference is that I used SharpDevelop to debug. I also found the exe is bigger (667Ko vs 630Ko). Weird, isn't it? I thought SharpDevelop use msbuild from the SDK but I was wrong, obviously.

I can send you my exe and my database if you want to test.

Hi,

Right now startup time looks more or less the same to me

C:\Ketarin\Ketarin.exe - 5 executions (version 1.09)

C:\USB-Toolkit\Ketarin.exe - 5 executions (beta version)

but the application list loading time is still slower than 1.09. Like you said overall that is not very relevant so i wouldnt worry too much. Good job & thanks again!

Edited by josh

Well, I cannot actually change the startup time (time required for the application to load), but only the time that is needed to fill the application list. It's hard to believe though, that it's slower than in 1.0.9, because I didn't add any features that would make loading slower than before.

There is only one further optimisation I can do, which would probably make loading the list somewhat instant, but then grouping would no longer be possible on OSes older than Vista.

There is only one further optimisation I can do, which would probably make loading the list somewhat instant, but then grouping would no longer be possible on OSes older than Vista.

NO PLEASE FLO!! 80% of the PCs I build are still using either XP Home or Pro due to client income in this down economy, etc. and my donation of older hardware from corporations. The latest beta is loading 1320 apps, many with complex templates, totaling >2.5MB in database size in 5.25 seconds on my core2duo laptop! That's acceptable to me. :) Thanks for adding the 'By status' section for me. The BEST version yet for me. ;) THANKS!!