Ketarin forum

Ketarin timing out recently with Filehippo.

warwagon

Has anyone noticed today that filehippo seems to be timing out? I can access the website and download the file that way but ketarin seems to be timing out.

The problem always appears happen if you have more than 2 files going at the same time. It does 't time out when you only have 1 downloading at a time.

Edited by warwagon

• 4 weeks later...

File hippo is still always timing out . I just ran the app and it updated a the yahoo messenger setup files. Ran it again and the yahoo messenger link that just worked timed out. Now almost every single filehippo link is timing out? Who's issue is this, filehippo or ketarin?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had the timeouts too.Happened if i had the setting to download 15 apps in parralel.Now i have set this to 3 and no problem with filehippo though it takes lot longer to check all apps now.

Will test the "Do not download the application simultaneously with other applications" setting and setting global value back to 15.

• 2 months later...

Ditto here. Just started timing out for FH after my initial setup on my laptop. Doesn't matter if I reduce threads to one at a time or have many simultaneous. At random intervals, the FH checkups work (for one or two apps). Not once was filehippo actually timing out in my browser nor were there any issues with me downloading from FH manually.

Ditto here. Just started timing out for FH after my initial setup on my laptop. Doesn't matter if I reduce threads to one at a time or have many simultaneous. At random intervals, the FH checkups work (for one or two apps). Not once was filehippo actually timing out in my browser nor were there any issues with me downloading from FH manually.

Set the Filehippo download to "Do not download this application simultaneously with other applications"

http://wiki.ketarin.org/index.php/Troubleshooting_downloads#Error:_Timeouts_when_downloading

This solved the issue for me.Tho generally it makes things slower because Ketarin has to wait with other checks until Filehippo app is checked.

Edited by Tomorrow

Ditto here. Just started timing out for FH after my initial setup on my laptop. Doesn't matter if I reduce threads to one at a time or have many simultaneous. At random intervals' date=' the FH checkups work (for one or two apps). Not once was filehippo actually timing out in my browser nor were there any issues with me downloading from FH manually.[/quote']

Set the Filehippo download to "Do not download this application simultaneously with other applications"

http://wiki.ketarin.org/index.php/Troubleshooting_downloads#Error:_Timeouts_when_downloading

This solved the issue for me.Tho generally it makes things slower because Ketarin has to wait with other checks until Filehippo app is checked.

This setting does not affect the outcome for me. It's still a toss up as to whether it will work or time out.

Ditto here. Just started timing out for FH after my initial setup on my laptop. Doesn't matter if I reduce threads to one at a time or have many simultaneous. At random intervals' date=' the FH checkups work (for one or two apps). Not once was filehippo actually timing out in my browser nor were there any issues with me downloading from FH manually.[/quote']

This setting does not affect the outcome for me. It's still a toss up as to whether it will work or time out.

Odd.For me it solved the FileHippo thing and i have not seen any more timeouts from there.

Do you by chanche have some downloads like torrent etc running in background?

Maybe the problem is at your end.Also do certain apps always time out or is it random?

in order to better assist anyone continuing to have problems with FileHippo, please let us know if you're using the "advanced option" to do not download this application simultaneously with other applications on ALL of your FileHippo apps when posting in this thread.

If you're using 1.6b2 or newer, you can quickly determine this by going to File, Settings and adding two custom columns with the following values:

{property:ExclusiveDownload}

{property:FileHippoId}

Then click OK to return to Ketarin. Sort by the new filehippo column and ensure that each FH-based app has "true" in the column for the exclusive download. If not, edit those jobs to ensure this value is assigned correctly, and try updating again.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...