Ketarin forum

Check Updates, but comparing version with a log file

HackedPwned

Hello :) !

Thank's for the awesome soft, that I'm testing since yesterday ;).

It's possible to add a function for check if update exist, but who compare the {version} variable vs a local "history.log" ?

Because I like to systematically extract the archives and then delete them. Same as the files, which I rename systematically. Therefore ketarin legitimately thinks that a new version is released.

I have make a similar fonction in batch, added on the "command before downloading" section.
It compare the {version} variable vs an "history.log" file, who obviously contain the number version of application previously downloaded (maked whith the "commands after updating" ;)).

If {version}=="version in history.log", then exit 3.

It function good, but here's my "problem" : I would like the "green checked icon" instead of "yellow + floppy disk" icon.

So... It's possible to add natively this option :) ?
Or if not, It's possible to implemant an "exit 4", who completely TOTALY break the check / download precedure, AND display the green icon ;) ?

My second (big) problem is that "exit*" codes not function on the global "commands before updating" (it's normal ?)... Therefore, it is mandatory to enter my batch for each program individually, which makes it all really fastidious :(.

Consider exit codes on global commands would be very appreciable :).

Thank's for reading ;) !

PS : sorry for my very bad English.

4 hours ago, HackedPwned said:

Because I like to systematically extract the archives and then delete them. Same as the files, which I rename systematically. Therefore ketarin legitimately thinks that a new version is released.

On each individual affected application you can check the box on the Advanced tab that reads "Ignore file information (do not re-download if file is missing)" to get the same effect. The version number is stored within Ketarin (as long as it's been previously downloaded at least once) so you don't need to keep the archive of apps locally. I use this for large blobs like zipped ISOs and torrents that are ultimately stored in different paths than where the Ketarin app cache is located. I'm happy to provide an example if you would like.

I think most of your issues are related to that checkbox.

As for the exit codes - I agree, there should be a pre-update exit code to effect an "ok/current" status. @floele can you please implement this?

Thank's for your answer, shawn ;) !

So... If I understand correctly... I'm a big idiot ^^ !
I spent my time for create / test a batch procedure, for nothing ^^.

But it's great if the function is already implemented ;). I was just blind, apparently :).

Thank's for accepting my suggestion of implement an pre-update exit code :) !

With soon !

PS : I have not received the notification mail for your answer. I have checked my spam, but nothing.

yeah, i'm afraid email notifications from the forum are rather hit and miss. mostly miss. they usually come from 136.243.175.196 which is hosted via Hetzner Online (aka Hos-Gun) which has a *lot* of spammers hosted as well. Not on that IP, but on the same provider, which tends to mean the entire provider gets blacklisted by many mail services. :(

you might have better luck by adding that IP and noreply @ canneverbe.com to your whitelist.