Ketarin forum

/silent mode

quake101

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Flo,

Would you please consider having Ketarin issue error message and terminate immediately, if /silent and /export are not permitted in same run? Then it would be obvious the combination is deliberately disallowed and it wouldn't look so much like a bug... TIA for your consideration of this idea.

Regarding the /silent /notify issue reported here, I made some test runs too:

1. I have command scripts specified in the before and after update areas, in global settings and also in per-app settings. (I don't use an 'after all updates are completed' script in global settings, but I added one for this testing too.)

2. I tried these combinations of command line parameters:

a) /silent /notify

B) /silent /notify /log=<logfilename>

c) /silent /notify /database=<dbname>

d) /silent /notify /database=<dbname> /log=<logfilename>

(in the case of defaulting to jobs.db for database, it's in the same directory with Ketarin)

In all the above tests, all before and after scripts were executed from both the global and the per-app command areas.

What I didn't get, is an output log? I tried specifying an absolute path/filename and just filename.

I'm running Ketarin version 3.0.9.309, and my OS is XP Pro SP3 32-bit (plus all post hotfixes from m$).

What OS and patch levels and what version of Ketarin is everyone using, that are not seeing the command scripts being executed?

--appyface