Ketarin forum

Ketarin 0.9.9.13 - {url:basefile} and {url:ext} did not get a value

appyface

These two new built-in variables are working on some and not on others.

From log file:

Replacing {vers} in 'd:\editors\{url:basefile}_{vers}.{url:ext}' with '6.4.3'

<entry name here>: Checking if update is required...

<entry name here> : Update required, 'd:\editors\download_6.4.3.' does not yet exist

Update finished

Thoughts? "download" is not coming from either the vendor's supplied name nor is it supplied on my saved filename.

--appyface

EDIT: Just for grins I changed to downloading into a folder rather than supplying a filename. The downloaded file I received has got the expected name that the vendor supplies. Not sure why Ketarin doesn't see it? Most are working correctly with the new variables.

Edited by appyface

Update:

Only two URLs (from the same vendor site) are not getting the builtin variables populated correctly. The rest are working fine.

These URLs are unique from all my others, as they require my authentication as part of the download URL. Bogus URL example:

http://www.somevendor.com/cgi-bin/download?lang=en&app=zzz&email=myemail@mydomain.com&id=zzz-mynumber

Ketarin downloads the correct filenames from these two URLs so that is not a problem. Just that the builtin {url:basefile} and {url:ext} variables are not populated correctly or at all.

I can return to using my previous method of hard-coding the saved filename so I can tack on my scraped version number. But if this is not hard to fix I'd rather have the fix than the workaround :-)

Thanks and regards,

--appyface