Ketarin forum

Variables within variables

AussieJim

Hi,

I currently have a global variable {PARoot} which determines the base directory for my installs: {PARoot} = C:\Portable Apps.

I also have a global variable {7z} which specifieds the location of 7z.exe: {7z} = C:\Portable Apps\7-Zip\App\App\7-Zip\7z.exe.

What I'd really like is to use {PARoot} within {7z}'s definition: {7z} = {PARoot}\7-Zip\App\7-Zip\7z.exe. This way if the root directory changes, I only need to update one variable.

I've found one way to do this: Make the {7z} variable local to every application instead of global, and declare it as a textual variable: {7z} = {PARoot}\7-Zip\App\7-Zip\7z.exe. This works fine, except that I have to declare it for every application. I can make it a default, but that still leaves it in 100 different places, if I ever change the location or need to troubleshoot. Is there any way to do this on a global basis?

Thanks!