Ketarin forum

Invalid URI: The Uri string is too long.

Anonymous

It appears Ketarin is having difficultly downloading the Content-Type "application/force-download".  Unfortunately, I cannot provide a URL to duplicate this because this file is sitting behind credentials from an enterprise vendor, however I have included some debugging details below from the Tamper Data plugin in Firefox to provide context.

To the right of "The Uri string is too long", it shows the beginning of the content it's trying to download.  In the case of the MSI listed below, binary data was shown.  In the case of a PDF and TXT file, you can see the text from the beginning of the file.

Host=www.dea.com

User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
Accept=text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding=gzip, deflate, br
Cookie=ASP.NET_SessionId=vcvhoy55q412iq45anzlt1ft
Connection=keep-alive
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests=1

Status=OK - 200
Cache-Control=private
Content-Length=40083456
Content-Type=application/force-download
Server=Microsoft-IIS/7.0
Content-Disposition=attachment; filename="EMSClient.msi"
x-aspnet-version=2.0.50727
x-powered-by=ASP.NET
Date=Mon, 10 Oct 2016 22:22:55 GMT

• 2 weeks later...

Can you maybe give me the exact error message? At this point I cannot imagine a situation, where Ketarin would try to request the downloaded content using it as URI. And maybe the application XML? Might be related to how you configured the downloading process.