Ketarin forum

Need help with a few programs

Karan Rajpal

Hey guys,

Thanks to you all, I've almost got everything set-up. I just need to get a few more profiles up and running and I'm all set. 

1) Dashlane:

Can be found here:

Download link:

My question is, how do you guys deal with links like this? I get an error saying something along the lines of "the file is not of a binary type".
All I'm doing is putting the link in the URL box which I now realize is wrong. 

2) Etcher:
Can be found here:

Download link:

The issue I'm having is that I'm not able to extract the version number from the page. How would you extract it?

I found this in the source
script>
      var $defaultLink = JSON.parse("{\u0022buttonText\u0022:\u0022Download Now\u0022,\u0022link\u0022:\u0022https://resin\u002Dproduction\u002Ddownloads.s3.amazonaws.com/etcher/1.0.0\u002Dbeta.0/Etcher\u002Dwin32\u002Dx86.exe\u0022,\u0022mobile\u0022:false,\u0022eventName\u0022:\u0022[etcher website] download\u0022}")
      var $mobileLink = JSON.parse("{\u0022buttonText\u0022:\u0022Email link to myself\u0022,\u0022link\u0022:\u0022mailto:?subject\u003DCheckout out etcher.io\u0026body\u003Dhttp://www.etcher.io\u0022,\u0022mobile\u0022:true,\u0022eventName\u0022:\u0022[etcher website] email link\u0022}")
    </script>

Apparently, If I replace the unicode number with the corresponding character then \u0022 translates to double quotes and \uoo2D translates to a hypen which then gives me this:

{"buttonText":"Download Now","link":"https://resin-production-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/etcher/1.0.0-beta.0/Etcher-win32-x86.exe","mobile":false,"eventName":"[etcher website] download"}

Apparently, that link seems to be working. Although I have no idea how since it doesn't have "beta.13" in the path. My question is this, how can I use a regex to extract that? Or is there a better way to do it?

3) Game Save Manager:

Web page:

Same issue as 1. I'll probably be able to get this working if you can help me with 1.

4) MuzicBrainz Picard

Webpage:

https://picard.musicbrainz.org

Download Link:

I'm facing a weird error with this one:
MusicBrainz Picard (Post) The specified target path 'E:\applicationsWindows\MusicBrainz Picard (Post)\picard-setup-1.3.2_{f:yyyy}-{f:MM}-{f:dd}.exe' is not valid.

I'm using this particular filename format for all my programs:
{root}applicationsWindows\{appname}\{url:basefile}_{f:yyyy}-{f:MM}-{f:dd}.{url:ext}

but it isn't working well with this one and I'm not able to understand why.

5) Unified Remote Server:

Webpage:

Download link:

This last one is also seems to be of the same type as 1 and 3. Isn't it?

Sorry for the long post. I hope you can help me. I'd really appreciate any help offered. Thanks!

Karan, I hope you understand you only get one of these  B)

Dashlane : 

URL : hxxps://www.dashlane.com/directdownload?platform=win

Works fine for me with Ketarin 1.8.6 b3

Etcher:

URL : hxxps://resin-production-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/etcher/{version}/Etcher-win32-x64.exe

version src : hxxps://github.com/resin-io/etcher/releases

Gamesaver : 

URL: hxxp://www.gamesave-manager.com/?s=download&a=dl

referer: hxxp://www.gamesave-manager.com/?s=download

User-agent : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36

MuzicBrainz Picard

Looks like you may have discovered a bug - the date variables don't like ftp urls? 

Remove the date variables and it will work. If not remove spaces form app name. 

Since the file name from the server includes a version, you can just "Save in folder" - that is, without a filename specficiation.

Unified Remote Server

URL:hxxps://www.unifiedremote.com/download/windows

Edit : Replace "hxxp" with "http"

Karan, I hope you understand you only get one of these  B)

Dashlane : 

URL : hxxps://www.dashlane.com/directdownload?platform=win

Etcher:

URL : hxxps://resin-production-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/etcher/{version}/Etcher-win32-x64.exe

version src : hxxps://github.com/resin-io/etcher/releases

Gamesaver : 

URL: hxxp://www.gamesave-manager.com/?s=download&a=dl

referer: hxxp://www.gamesave-manager.com/?s=download

User-agent : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36

MuzicBrainz Picard

Looks like you may have discovered a bug - the date variables don't like ftp urls? 

Remove the date variables and it will work. If not remove spaces form app name. 

Since the file name from the server includes a version, you can just "Save in folder" - that is, without a filename specficiation.

Unified Remote Server

URL:hxxps://www.unifiedremote.com/download/windows

Edit : Replace "hxxp" with "http"

Hey,

Thanks for the help. I updated Ketarin to the latest beta and I got almost everything working.

Dashlane, Picard and Unified Remote work perfectly.

However, I can't seem to understand how to get etcher working. The github link has a list of versions there and no way to differentiate which is the latest version. I tried coming up with a regex for it using positive lookbehind but I couldn't get it to work as it matched text that was before what I needed. Would you help me with that?

I referred to this:

http://www.regular-expressions.info/lookaround.html

Came up with this:

(?<=v)([0-9][0-9]*\.[.0-9][.0-9]*[-.a-zA-Z0-9][-.a-zA-Z0-9$]*)

Any idea how I can fix this?

Working regex : (?<=v)\d+\.\d+\.\d+(-beta\.\d+)?

Note : It should continue to work even after the beta, assuming they don't change versioning scheme.

Ketarin will match the first instance only and then stop.

Luckily, in most cases the latest version is the first to appear on a page, permitting a much simplified regex. 

Working regex : (?<=v)\d+\.\d+\.\d+(-beta\.\d+)?

Note : It should continue to work even after the beta, assuming they don't change versioning scheme.

Ketarin will match the first instance only and then stop.

Luckily, in most cases the latest version is the first to appear on a page, permitting a much simplified regex. 

Hey, I apologize for the late reply. Been caught up with work. That regex worked perfectly and I thank you for all your help here. I appreciate it!