Ketarin forum

Skype version issue

dizaar

Hi, everyone. first of all, Great  thanks to author - your job is unbelievable... This tool is one off the most i needed before. It will be great using in Active directory software deployment enviroment (in conjunction with own nuspec repository and Chocolatey).

Next to the job. I found needed url for standalone version of Skype. But i can`t find no url for version tag. Is there any ability to get version tag from file properties and put it into sqlite db?

I tried such method getting file information from file properties wmic datafile where name="D:\\files_for_repo\\packages\\SkypeSetupFull.exe" get Version | findstr [0-9]. Result is 7.25.66.103. So now question is how to put this data into database?

To "put this data into database," two steps are required, as described.

A. Create a custom variable(a "url-Variable") - eg. "version" - set to "Textual content".

B. Use Powershell within Ketarin to modify the variable, with the version number you've acquired(eg. stored in $ver):

$app.variables.version.TextualContent = $ver 

Note:  You must set command inputs to "PowerShell script".

Btw, Ketarin does not require the version number to decide when to download a new file. It can also use file size, automatically diffed.

Edit : Initially I had an illustration to show the process. In hind-site I missed a step, so I removed it.