Ketarin forum

Can't download youtube-dl from their official site

Hell Racer

Hi!

I've been using Ketarin for a while, all was perfect (I use it to keep ~20 packages updated, mostly utils). But since a month ago it stopped to download youtube-dl. E.g. the latest build is located here - https://yt-dl.org/downloads/2015.11.21/youtube-dl.exe. Every browser is able to download it from there, but Ketarin says "Failed, The operation has timed out". Any advice? Tried on 1.7.1 and 1.8.

Thanks in advance,

Vladimir

P.S. I'm aware that youtube-dl has it's own update mechanism, I just want to keep my Scheduled Tasks as clean as possible.

post-8876-0-05353400-1448273060_thumb.png

Hi! Things gone even more strange :). I tried the exported profile it on my work PC and it worked well. But it still doesn't work on my two home PCs. At the same time I'm able to download the exe directly via browser on all PCs (so the problem isn't related to the site availability). Also I can't find any firewall rules that could prevent Ketarin from downloading the file. So the problem might not be in Ketarin, but I still can't locate it. I've attached the profile just in case.

Thanks,

Vladimir

youtube-dl.xml

Ok, the problem was with IPv6. For some reason I can't ping yt-dl.org with IPv6, but I can with IPv4. Obviously my DNS returns IPv6 address for the yt-dl.org, so if I hardcode IPv4 address into hosts file, everything works fine (but strangely it doesn't work if I use IP in app URL in Ketarin). Thanks everyone :).

Vladimir