Ketarin forum

Adobe website issues?

shawn

Is anyone else having Adobe website issues recently? Regardless of what UA I use in Ketarin I'm getting a standard form response with just the page structure. This is happening on the Flash About page, Flash FPDist page, Adobe Reader and DC. The same URLs load correctly outside of Ketarin.

Same here for the Flash About page. The reason the Flash About page does not work is the following line:

adobeproblem7cuak.png

The source code ends at this point in Ketarin. Same happens if you try to 'select all/copy/paste' the source out of Mozilla Firefox into a text file.

And no problems with FP Distribution3 page, all my of Shockwave versions, and my Adobe Reader version.

• 3 weeks later...

Adobe removed the nulls from their site and things have been working reliably for a week or so.

The issue was that when Ketarin downloaded the http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ page it was only seeing about 30% of the content in the 'content' section of the Ketarin variable window. Everything below a malformed section of their site (where about 200 NUL characters were inserted into the output) was not visible.

I'm afraid I didn't keep any copies of the original page. However, I'd still like the ability to bypass this issue if possible. If you can strip the NUL characters out of HTML content that's being parsed for variable values, that would ensure that Ketarin isn't easily defeated by webmasters that don't want automation to be used against their sites. At this point, all they have to do is add a few NUL characters right below the BODY tag and it'll prevent Ketarin from being able to see anything beyond that. :/