Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.8.0 final

floele

First UserEcho-Request done, ready for beta :)

Changes in this release (since 1.7.1):

+ Added file verification after download based on hash

+ Support for hash values for change detection

+ Added header:referer in HTTPX protocol

* Disabled auto full word selection in variables editor

* Improved file download speed for unknown file sizes (buffer was unnecessarily small)

* Now compiled against .NET framework 4.0. Ketarin will require .NET 4.0, 4.5, 4.6 or any later version to run.

! Adjusted FileHippo beta identification

1.8.0 final:

*Added "None" as option for hash values for easier use in custom columns.

Ketarin-1.8.0.zip

Thanks much floele!

Just upgraded specifically for : "* Improved file download speed for unknown file sizes (buffer was unnecessarily small)"

Tested a full update and install sequences - all work fine.

Question about checksums:

I make use of checksums all the time when doing backups, however I'm uncertain how I would make use of them with Ketarin; would anyone be able to provide an overview workflow/use case scenario?

If its possible to somehow load for example txt/xml from external file to and variable in template, for example serial key?

I would like to share some applications, but currently it is not possible, as serial is read directly from application template itself and embedded into download URL.

The last time I tried this the variable values were populated into the template when it uploaded, so I don't recommend it.

Well, then we would probably need somekind of option, to exclude specific variable (in my case serialkey) when application is shared...or just forget about the whole thing... ;)

Actually I found something interesting, custom column ​{property:UserAgent} adds excess { as prefix when displayed.

Capture.png

Capture2.png

If User agent is empty, it just displays { in that column.

Database itself has correct value, so it must be GUI thingy ;)

Database.png

This is how I can see hashes being used in Ketarin. Am I missing some aspect ? :

uKQzSE0.png

EDIT:

Soon after posting I realized the job was failing thus:
PgArbeI.png

This was fortunate because it demonstrated the two ways Ketarin is using hashes:

- for determining when to download newer installers

- for checking the integrity of the installer, as intended by the author(not necessarily the distributor)

This is indeed a very useful addition - thank you.

In this case, failure was occurring because the hash generated by Ketarin has no spaces(the hash from the website does). We can resolve this:

iQdp3Bd.png