Ketarin forum

Downloading from softpedia

LinksysRouter

You can use something like this.

softpedia-downloadoojdy.jpg

Variable software (link to your download, e.g. PhotoEQ)

Textual content:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Digital-Photo-Tools/PhotoEQ.shtml

Variable version

Contents from URL:

{software}

Use regular expression:

(?<={appname}\s)[0-9.]{2,}

Variable t

Contents from URL:

{software}

Use regular expression:

(?<=#download.+?t':)[0-9.]{2,}

Variable id

Contents from URL:

{software}

Use regular expression:

(?<=#download.+?id':)[0-9.]{2,}

Variable download

Contents from URL:

http://www.softpedia.com/_xaja/dlinfo.php?id={id}&t={t}

Use regular expression:

window.location='(.+?)'

Variable url

Contents from URL:

{download}

Use regular expression:

(http[^\=]*exe)

Now you can use {url} as download URL.

To use it for other downloads, simply change the name of your application (same as the one on the Softpedia download page) and the content of the {software} variable (link to the Softpedia download page).

Sorry for this quick and dirty style. It's my first try on Softpedia. I prefer direct downloads...

I'm the same way, I prefer direct downloads when possible. However, softpedia somehow stays rediculously on top of their software versions (they must use their own automated method I think). Like, I rarely see softpedia be more then a day behind the author.

Also, softpedia hosts some software that isn't available online. A good example is macrium reflect, which requires a download manager to download from the official website, but softpedia hosts offline versions.

How would you suggest choosing a different option?

EDIT: figured it out, need to use a lookahead. you can choose which version for the download variable like so:

(?<=window.location='(.+?)')[^[0-9]{2,}]*?x64.+?

Sorry if that regex is ugly, I'm still stumbling around with it. "x64" matches the description in the popup title for the link you want (I could have also matched "Softpedia Secure Download (EU) - x64", but x64 will probably be the most constant).

• 1 month later...

I'm the same way, I prefer direct downloads when possible. However, softpedia somehow stays rediculously on top of their software versions (they must use their own automated method I think). Like, I rarely see softpedia be more then a day behind the author.

Also, softpedia hosts some software that isn't available online. A good example is macrium reflect, which requires a download manager to download from the official website, but softpedia hosts offline versions.

How would you suggest choosing a different option?

EDIT: figured it out, need to use a lookahead. you can choose which version for the download variable like so:

(?<=window.location='(.+?)')[^[0-9]{2,}]*?x64.+?

Sorry if that regex is ugly, I'm still stumbling around with it. "x64" matches the description in the popup title for the link you want (I could have also matched "Softpedia Secure Download (EU) - x64", but x64 will probably be the most constant).

For me this works best...brackets around What I want serve only as placeholder, works without those as well...

(?<=window.location='(.+?)')[^[.]*?(What-I-Want).+?

For some odd reason, I`m getting strange results, sometimes Softpedia application page returns blank page, like there is somekind of mechanism, preventing scripted downloads.

For example, 2 apps update fine after that all others get error: "The format of the URI "" cannot be determined."

Opening same page in Web Browsers, opens up a blank page, after 30 minutes correct page opens and everything works again, for 2-3 apps and everything re-occures.

Am I only one with such a problem?

Any ideas how to avoid or circumvent such behaviour, already tried "do not download simultaneously", but it does not seem to help much...

• 2 months later...