Ketarin forum

"Check for updates in the online database" doesn't work.

Rainie

Hello!

I've made a different Ketarin installation and noticed that imported (from online DB) application profile neither updates nor asks for it, even if I change the origin's name/variables in the main installation.

However, the corresponding online db entry is updated as I press OK. Of course, in the origin installation I am able to freely turn on/off "share" checkbox.

I remember I got messages like "Online app profile has been updated, would you like to update yours?" a long time ago.

Is it broken atm?

I care about possible subscribers aren't able to get the updated profiles.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

The online database was purged with the release of the last version and the "Applications" integration in the forum. If you're not seeing update notifications, chances are you're still using Application profiles based on the old database. Make sure you're using the most recent Ketarin version and are using profiles that are currently within the app database.

Thanks for the reply!

When did the latest purge happen? Ketarin 1.7.1 was released on 29 Jan 2015, quite a long time ago.

I see all my profiles in the Applications forum section, they're made by an "Unregistered User". How do I supposed to keep them updated from now on? Considering that Ketarin has not been able to connect to online db for a few last days.

UPD: Updated my profile, the App section got updated too. But I'm still wondering how this system is intended to work.

The database was last purged July 27th, 2014 which correlated with 1.7. You can navigate the active database applications through the "Applications" list at the top of the forum:

https://ketarin.org/forum/apps/

It's basically a tie-in to the forum to ensure a modicum of auditing to validate applications to ensure they're both maintained and supported as well as provide a way for users to know the potential quality of the application profile. The reasoning and background is here. There's another post on it that specifically talks about building the online aspect of the db, but I don't have time to find it right now.

So, what does a user need to do to keep imported (from online DB through the Ketarin) profiles updated? Looks like he should go for https://ketarin.org/forum/apps/, check, download and manually update the profiles he uses.

I tested "Check for updates in the online database" function on 20 July 2015, a year past the last db purge. It isn't working.

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like that.

UPD: OK, I wish you good luck fixing it.

• 2 weeks later...