Ketarin forum

Ketarin 0.9.9.11 old version?

appyface

Hi Flo,

I just downloaded latest Ketarin and made sure that is what I am executing. It seems to be a prior version of Ketarin though, can you confirm? The file modification date is 11/17/08. The previous zip file I have, 0.9.9.10, has a file modification date of 12/15/08.

Thanks and regards,

--appyface

Hi Flo,

Not sure why, but the latest Ketarin (0.9.9.11) does not seem to work for me at all :o

When starting an update check, it shows a down-pointing arrow at the first 4 applications at the top of the lists (4 threads) and then nothing happens: No progress, no time-out, no check next application, just nothing.

Ketarin does not appear to be "hanging" as no CPU is being used and I can still click the Cancel button, but clicking the Cancel button also has no effect. It just seems to be waiting for something.

Also the main window can not be closed by clicking the close button.

I have also tried just checking just 1 application (I have tried both a filehippo and a custom check) but in both cases the same thing happens.

Going back to the 0.9.9.10 version Ketarin updates as normal :)

Thanks and regards,

Johnny

Edit: I think I fixed it now in .13.

Hi again Flo,

The latest version I just downloaded would be .12..?

This version is checking for updates again :)

There still seems to be a problem checking filehippo links, as after a few of filehippo links have been checked, other subsequent filehippo links all time out, making the update check fail. This seems to be only affecting filehippo links, though.

Many thanks and best regards,

Johnny

Edited by JohnSim3

0.9.9.13 doesn't work for me, it modifies my database replacing custom url with online database url, and close button doesn't work for me. Back to .11.

What do you mean? If you choose to update your applications from the online database, the URLs might of course be changed.

Regarding the close button: It will never work if Ketarin is currently downloading, and this was the case for all previous versions as well.

There still seems to be a problem checking filehippo links, as after a few of filehippo links have been checked, other subsequent filehippo links all time out, making the update check fail. This seems to be only affecting filehippo links, though.

The latest version is 0.9.9.13 which fixed the problem.

I don't see a problem with FileHippo though, works fine for me here.

Regarding close button: all downloads were finished but I had to close Ketarin using task manager.

What do you mean? If you choose to update your applications from the online database, the URLs might of course be changed.

Several custom urls where replaced without my intervention. For instance, previously I had choosen to download ProcessExplorer.zip from Sysinternals, not the *.exe from Live.Sysinternals (=online db); after updating to .13, Ketarin updated and unpacked live version, so I had to recreate custom url ! (I was able to revert to previous database)

Well, there is not much I can do about the update "problem": You could create your own jobs (not using the one from the application database, or create a copy of them), but this feature is *meant* to change the URL if necessary. For example, the website of an application might change and thus the URLs and variables. If you then update from the online database, you don't have to do any adjustments yourself. Of course, this will overwrite the changes you made to an application.

So after finishing all downloads, does the "Cancel" button go back to normal? Could you possibly copy and paste the log (now that there is one :) )?

Hi Flo,

0.9.9.11 was broken for me too. I just downloaded and get Ketarin-0.9.9.13.zip for the file, but the about shows '12' not '13', and I can't find the 'don't update urls' mentioned above?

I assume this latest feature with changing the URL is a result of my request to know the determined/derived download filename? If so, is it possible for Ketarin to keep the original request URL intact, and have a place to store the intermediate URL if it is different? Then we could keep our original URLs which might serve a different determined/derived URL on each update.

Replacing our original URL I think is counter-productive; in my case I'd get a version specific replacement URL whereas my original URL would cause the current version to be served...

If I've misunderstood all that please forgive, I can't even SEE what this is as my version of Ketarin ('12' in a '13' zip file?) doesn't have it as far as I can tell...

--appyface

The latest version is 0.9.9.13 which fixed the problem.

I don't see a problem with FileHippo though, works fine for me here.

Hi Flo,

The "Help -> About" shows version 0.9.9.12 hence the confusion.

Also not sure what is the issue with filehippo.com links, but I noticed something similar in previous versions of Ketarin;

Most of the filehippo links would time-out when running Ketarin a second time, without exiting the program first.

Could this have anything to do with me being in a neck-of-the-internet-woods country?

So my guess is (and this is really just guessing) that 1 of my update-checks now times-out (for what ever reason) so it then 'retries' the check a second time, after which all subsequent filehippo links also start to time out..?

Just to share with you: I'm running Ketarin on a Windows 2000 Professional box with MS.NET 2.0 SP1 installed.

Many thanks and best regards,

Johnny

Hi appyface,

When you update to x.13 (x.12 in help), you get a initial pop-up saying that "x_updates where found". If you press "cancel", urls are not updated, so you keep original urls intact. This is a run-once pop-up.

I agree with you, for me too would be ideal to "keep the original request URL intact, and have a place to store the intermediate URL if it is different". Currently, I have several entries to same apps with different urls, if we could keep everything in one place, it would be perfect ! =)

The question will pop up once a day, that is, if updates are found. I'll add an option to disable this feature, if you don't need it.

And yes, I forgot to update the version number in the about dialog, but in general, the name of the ZIP file is more important.

FranciscoR: What about these multiple apps? Do you have them as mirrors?

JohnSim3: Don't know about problems with FileHippo yet, difficult to tell.

Hey Flo,

Log is working great, it would be handy to dump it to *.txt file. Sample section log, extracting 7-zip command line from 7-zip installer:

21-12-2008 20:15:54: Replacing {7z} in 'del /s /q {7z}*.* || md {7z}\ & {uni} {file} %temp% & move /y %temp%\7z.exe {7z} & move /y %temp%\7z.dll {7z} & move /y %temp%\*.chm {7z} & rd {7z}$pluginsdir /s /q' with 'd:\7z\'
21-12-2008 20:15:54: Replacing {uni} in 'del /s /q d:\7z\*.* || md d:\7z\\ & {uni} {file} %temp% & move /y %temp%\7z.exe d:\7z\ & move /y %temp%\7z.dll d:\7z\ & move /y %temp%\*.chm d:\7z\ & rd d:\7z\$pluginsdir /s /q' with 'c:\progra~1\uniextract\uniextract.exe'
21-12-2008 20:15:54: Portable 7-Zip: Executing command: del /s /q d:\7z\*.* || md d:\7z\\ & c:\progra~1\uniextract\uniextract.exe "D:\Programas\7z462.exe" %temp% & move /y %temp%\7z.exe d:\7z\ & move /y %temp%\7z.dll d:\7z\ & move /y %temp%\*.chm d:\7z\ & rd d:\7z\$pluginsdir /s /q
21-12-2008 20:15:55: Portable 7-Zip: Command result: D:\Ketarin>del /s /q d:\7z\*.* || md d:\7z\\ & c:\progra~1\uniextract\uniextract.exe "D:\Programas\7z462.exe" %temp% & move /y %temp%\7z.exe d:\7z\ & move /y %temp%\7z.dll d:\7z\ & move /y %temp%\*.chm d:\7z\ & rd d:\7z\$pluginsdir /s /q
Ficheiro eliminado - d:\7z\7-zip.chm
Ficheiro eliminado - d:\7z\7z.dll
Ficheiro eliminado - d:\7z\7z.exe
       1 ficheiro(s) movido(s).
       1 ficheiro(s) movido(s).
C:\Users\FRANCI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\7-zip.chm
       1 ficheiro(s) movido(s).