Ketarin forum

Next Release of Ketarin?

CybTekSol

• 2 weeks later...

should implement 2 things:

1. native 7zip support

2. instead of checking the actual downloaded file for update it should check from its own database of what was last downloaded , not the actual physical file

this is because i use ketarin to keep my thumbdrive apps updated, but if i extract the files from their zip file i need to keep an extra folder with all the downloaded .zips so ketarin wont download them again.

like if i download revo uninstaller from http://www.revouninstaller.com/revouninstaller.zip

i need to save in folder {root}ZipFiles\ so after it extracts to the revo folder , the next time i update it checks the files in the {root}ZipFiles\ folder to see if it needs to update, not the file in the revo folder

so its better for extracted files to save the download size,file version, etc in the database instead of physical file so i dont waste usb space holding these extra zip files

1. native 7zip support
Sure this could be done, but what would really be the benefit?

You would still need to write your command line :)

2. instead of checking the actual downloaded file for update it should check from its own database of what was last downloaded , not the actual physical file
For this one, I agree this could be useful in situations like yours, when the packages are not shared between users or machines. You have my vote.

For this one, I agree this could be useful in situations like yours, when the packages are not shared between users or machines. You have my vote.

I think an idea was floating around here somewhere that when CIV was specified it was used to check if the file should be download, not the file presence on the disk. Or something to that extent.

• 3 weeks later...

yea because alot of times i download the zipfile and extract it or i download the file ex: blah123.exe and rename it blah.exe so i can open it with pstart and it not error when its a new version name

so itd be better for ketarin to just have the old file version/filesize in the db so i dont have a bunch of zips on my thumbdrive or renamed versions of the same exe taking up space

• 2 weeks later...