Ketarin forum

Enable/Disable

krislin

First, I'd like to say that thank you very much for this useful app!

It has saved loads of my time!

To save even more time, would it be possible to have an "enable selection" and a "disable selection" in the right-click menu?

This is because I find it really annoying to go to each app and enable/disable them individually.

It'd be so much easier if I could just select the apps that I want to enable/disable and just enable/disable them all at once!

I've also noticed that if I right-click on a disabled application and press "Update", it works.

However, when I select more than 1 disabled app and press "update", it doesn't work. I'd like this to work please, because (I know it sounds silly) but once in a while, I check for updates for my disabled apps.

Thank you very much!

Kris

I've also noticed that if I right-click on a disabled application and press "Update", it works.

However, when I select more than 1 disabled app and press "update", it doesn't work. I'd like this to work please, because (I know it sounds silly) but once in a while, I check for updates for my disabled apps.

This was made as a feature request to behave exactly this way. Otherwise selecting all and pressing "Update" would just update all, including disabled.

Ahhh, I see

Thank you Franciscor! That will be very useful.

This was made as a feature request to behave exactly this way. Otherwise selecting all and pressing "Update" would just update all, including disabled.

Can't you just press the "update now" button?

Won't it just update enabled only?

Or am I mistaken?

Thanks again

Yes this was a feature request I made awhile back - to be able to highlight a group of apps and update even disabled apps.

Clicking "update now" button still updates all the enabled apps only.

Flo offered a compromise to my request -- to update the disabled app if it is the only one that is highlighted. Otherwise highlighting a group of apps and pressing CTRL-U will skip over any disabled apps in the group. This is by design.

While it would be nice to highlight a group and have the disabled apps in the group update, if Flo did that I'm pretty sure I would be responding to a post right now of someone asking why are the disabled apps included LOL.

I accepted Flo's suggestion as (for me) it doesn't take too long to highlight each disabled app and update it.

FWIW I use an underscore character in front of all my disabled apps' names, that makes it easy to sort them into a group to work with quickly. Category could also be used.

I did ask for enabled/disabled status to be a column on screen, and that could become a sortable column without need for naming convention or category changes to the app, as disabled status comes and goes. That might be incorporated someday, it's a nice convenience though a minor one since there are a couple of workarounds.

--appyface

Edited by appyface