Ketarin forum

Add start/end edit controls in the Edit Variables dialog

Mat

In the Edit Variables dialog, when the Content from URL start/end is selected there are no dedicated input fields for the start/end strings. Instead the text is selected with a different color in content of the page. It wasn't obvious to me how to set/update the start/end strings.

I believe the usability could be improved if two edit controls (start, end) are added where the user can enter/update the strings "manually". To me this would be a more natural way compared to current method of selecting the start/end text in the content, and then clicking the buttons at the bottom. Thank you. 

• 2 months later...

There needs to be a way to turn off the "smart" selection. I have to use a SQLite DB editor to get my selection strings correct.

Let's take this snippet of HTML for an example:

<a href="/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/tree/v3.4.0" aria

Let's say I wanted e/v as my start string. No matter how I try to select it the selection becomes tree/v3. I have to break out the DB editor to remove the 3 from the selection start string so I don't end up with .4.0 for the version number.