Ketarin forum

download to parent directory, how?

Nooban

Hello,

i am trying to figure out how to setup Ketarin(1.70) to download software files to parent directory.

For example, USBstick:\Soft\Ketarin\

I would like to setup Ketarin to download everything to Soft folder, is it possible to do that?

I have read about variables, but i cant find the appropriate variable for this usage...the closest one is {startuppath}, but it will download everything to Ketarin folder.

I would appreciate any advice on this.

Thank you in advance

{root} is the variable you are looking for (see all the special variables).

For more flexibility you can create a global variable (File -> Settings or CTRL + T), select Global variables and create a variable with the path you wish to use for all your downloads. For me it is one  variable called downloads1 with path Downloads and the second one called path with path {root}\{downloads1}\{category}\. For me thats the most flexible way to manage my pathes. If I want to use a second database or another folder to save my files to, I create a new variable called downloads2 pointing to another folder...

• 3 years later...
On 30.8.2014 at 10:22 PM, necrox said:

{root} is the variable you are looking for (see all the special variables).

For more flexibility you can create a global variable (File -> Settings or CTRL + T), select Global variables and create a variable with the path you wish to use for all your downloads. For me it is one  variable called downloads1 with path Downloads and the second one called path with path {root}\{downloads1}\{category}\. For me thats the most flexible way to manage my pathes. If I want to use a second database or another folder to save my files to, I create a new variable called downloads2 pointing to another folder...

Thx a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hey dunry and Nooban,

You can try this:

..\{category}\{appname:regexreplace: (Portable)| (x86)| (x64)| \(.*\):}\{appname} V{version}.{url:ext}

it will even if you move the ketarin and downloads to another path in the future (ex: E:\new2019\Soft\Ketarin)

Explanation:

".."

- will change the current path to one upper in the directory hirarchy tree

"{category}"

- will change the path to the one sotred in the Category variable directory and create one if not existing

"{appname:regexreplace:\sPortable|\sx86|\sx64|\s\(.*\):}"

- will change the path to the Application Name variable,

while cutting the following: " Portable" or " portable" or x64 or X64 or x86 or X86 and everything in parenthesis including

the parenthesis with space before " (example)"

"{appname}"

- first part of filename taken from the Application Name variable.

"{version}"

- second part of filename taken from the  version variable

"{url.ext}"

- the extension of the filename, taken from the extension of the url to download from.

Example:

Application name: LibreOffice (Stable Version)

LibreOffice_5.4.5_Win_x64.msi

will be saved as:

USBStick:\Soft\OfficeSoftware\LibreOffice\LibreOffice (Stable Version) V5.4.5.msi

this wiki link may also be useful for you:

https://wiki.ketarin.org/index.php/Portability

hope you'll have good use in those examples:)